By Anonymous - 09/04/2009 18:48 - United States

Today, I got a missed call from my dad, who hasn't talked to me in months and has vowed not to have anything to do with me. I called him back excitedly and apologized for missing his call, and we had a 20-second conversation about how his phone accidentally dialed my number. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 160
You deserved it 3 546

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Please. He probably called you and hung up on purpose to make you feel like crap.

Comments

37 and 43, you both obviously know nothing as I know several lesbians whose parents--fathers and mothers--have disowned them. Don't base what you're saying on assumptions. I also don't know any gay males (of which I know many) whose parents have disowned them. This is not discounting what you're saying about fathers disowning their gay sons or saying that the likelihood of being disowned is greater for lesbians than gay males. I'm just stating facts.

I agree with #6 But word of advise, One thing I have learned in life is to try your best not to stay mad at people. You never know when anyones final moment on this earth will come. In this case, don't give up making peace.

morgan_5230 0

What a horrible dad! I'm so sorry! I can imagine that really hurt your feelings. :(

That's horrible but... why did he still have your number on his phone after all these months?

#11, it still hurts to be shunned by people that close to you. Especially if you had a relationship similar to that of "iconic figure" and "worshipper". You know, like, want to be just like them. And then something happens. And they hate you. It hurts. Just saying. Edit: Lol #28. :D

wow_fmylife 0

how in hell did the OP deserve this? im really sorry that your dad is an ass. but then again you should have known better...BUT you still don't deserve it.

#69, thanks for contradicting yourself so I don't have to bother to figure out how the hell you could possibly misconstrue what I said.

panda24 0

Ignore #4. My "father" is the same way. Fathers who do this to their own children are miserable, worthless, pieces of crap. Just because your sperm donor is half a man you shouldn't feel dejected in any way. You're probably way too good a person for that.

panda24 0

Ignore #4. My "father" is the same way. Fathers who do this to their own children are miserable, worthless, pieces of crap. Just because your sperm donor is half a man you shouldn't feel dejected in any way. You're probably way too good a person for that.