By Anonymous - 09/04/2009 18:48 - United States

Today, I got a missed call from my dad, who hasn't talked to me in months and has vowed not to have anything to do with me. I called him back excitedly and apologized for missing his call, and we had a 20-second conversation about how his phone accidentally dialed my number. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 160
You deserved it 3 546

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Please. He probably called you and hung up on purpose to make you feel like crap.

Comments

panda24 0

For everyone here saying "YDI": **** YOU. When there is a parent and a child, who do you think should be the one to "patch things up"? The parent (the "responsible" one) and the one who did the spawning. And even if the child is gay you think he deserves to not have a father? What??? And female children have to be prostitutes in order to have their fathers walk out on them? Again: **** YOU. For all you stupid little bitches who have had mommies and daddies all your little lives and want to come on here pretending you have any ******* right to judge this person: **** YOU.

Story of my life...that happened to me...haven't heard from my father since Thanksgiving...reason being my mom is dating someone and I am ok with it...my parent's divorced 4 years ago and he still can't get over it, so he blames me...fml

#75, I didn't contradict myself. I was just stating that the likelihood of a lesbian being disowned by her parents is about equal to that of a gay male being disowned by his.

hallygators93 0

sometimes it's better when you don't have certain people in your life. Even if it hurts, it will be bearable eventually. :(

That really sucks, but I agree with #81. I am old enough now to look back and see that if my father HAD been in my life, I would almost definitely be a lot worse off than I turned out. Someone who would do that to their child does not deserve to be a parent. The exception is if you did something REALLY unspeakable to him/both parents. Then, and only then, I'd suppose YDI.

balanceMMX 0

ouch! my dad accidentally calls me sometimes, but at least we are on good terms

Sometimes odd things get people talking again. :)

annie_rae 0

i'm so sorry. i don't know what i'd do if my family stopped talking to me.

lazylacey 0

I don't know what happened between you and your father.... but I think you guys should work it out.... I mean in the end all we really have is family.