By wearingashirtatthepool - 09/05/2016 00:04 - United States - East Brunswick

Today, I spent thirty minutes on the phone with my best friend's mom, because her daughter was too afraid to tell me that I'm no longer a bridesmaid at her wedding because I'm too fat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 726
You deserved it 1 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cdb89928 7

She isn't a true friend if she cares about something like that. You deserve better and don't ever feel bad about yourself

Comments

Weddings... Would you rather have a happy, beaming friend of any size... Or picked for their body with an indifferent look on their face?

TeacherTeacher 11

Your so called "best friend" is either shallow for preferring a type over a real friend or a coward for not being willing to stand up to someone else who is. You're more mature than she is. Move on to someone at your level.

Is this the case of 'choose a fat friend' so that guys would pick you' and after you get the guy, drop the friend... I cannot see friendship on her part.

Send her some slim fast, with a note to loose your number... I'm sorry op... She's a asshat

wow. Sounds like your "friend" is a real douche. Sorry to hear that OP, you deserve better friends.

Keep in mind, social anxiety is a thing now a days. I've always had a problem with telling people things like that before high school. Pretty much a normal child response. But if you are old enough to get married, you are old enough to stand up to your irrational fears. Am I correct? Either way, if she was just being a scared little girl, or someone with social anxiety... I believe you would need a new friend, or no friend at all. Best of luck to you!!!

hellobobismyname 24

This is not a case of social anxiety. This is obviously a case of piece of shit syndrome and cowardiceism.

"Social anxiety is a thing now a days." You say it like you don't actually believe social anxiety is a debilitating mental disorder that has been proven and studied by thousands of mental health professionals. Also, there's a big difference between you being a shy person "before high school" and having a disorder that is incurable and can only be medicated to help alleviate the issue slightly. My sister-in-law had to drop out of college even though she had straight A's because the large classes made her cry and have panic attacks. You don't "grow out of" having a mental disorders. OP's best friend could grow out of being a shallow bitch though.

Well clearly she's too bitchy to be your friend

Publikwerks 14

Now you don't have to go to a "friends"(In quotations cause they are not your friends) wedding, or buy them a present.

**** her. She's a bad friend. You deserve better than a superficial bitch.