By Disappointed - 26/05/2016 20:27 - Canada - Niagara Falls

Today, I started dating my crush. Turns out she's a living nightmare. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 187
You deserved it 2 717

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Someone very wise once said "you don't like me, you like the IDEA of me". It's wonderful to have a crush but occasionally perception and reality are very different. I'm sorry. Hopefully the next one will be better.

Be careful what you wish for - you may get it.

Comments

Be careful what you wish for - you may get it.

Mathalamus 24

yeah, i had a few living nightmares of crushes. now, i removed and unlearned the concept of a girlfriend, or dating, leaving only the definition, and redistributed the benefits elsewhere. now, best friends are prized. :D

I think most people turn out to be better in theory than they are in reality. Just have to prepare yourself for some unfortunate truths of you're gonna get close to someone new.

you never really know someone until you either date or live with em. Over time she might get better, or not? eitherway it's not like you have to stay with her if you really can't handle her

Someone very wise once said "you don't like me, you like the IDEA of me". It's wonderful to have a crush but occasionally perception and reality are very different. I'm sorry. Hopefully the next one will be better.

I said that to a girl once and I thought she was going to hit me.

DeadxManxWalking 27

but how can you see the difference?

More people need to think of this before dating someone, particularly if they've been pining for awhile and started building up a false mental image of the person in the meantime. I dated a guy for about a month who clearly had already fantasized about what dating me or a girlfriend in general would be like. I'd talk about something I liked or disliked, and he'd basically say "nah, I don't think you really mean that," and go on with whatever he was saying as if I hadn't just something that broke his fantasy world.

Redgy22 26

Reality rarely meets up to fantasy ideals.

Now you know she is, and you can get away from her Think yourself lucky you found it out this early

darn! FYL OP! Good that you know shes crazy now though and not too far down the line

If she was perfect you would not get to date her ;)

Well, this is after all what dating is about. Getting to know someone to see if you are compatible. Unfortunately in this case, you are not compatible...