By leaftheerickson - 21/10/2012 10:31 - United States - Bohemia

Today, I tried to do my leaf collection project for biology, which ended with me being hospitalized because of an allergy attack. I have no idea what I'm allergic to, but my doctor says I should just assume I'm "allergic to all leaves, ever." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 951
You deserved it 1 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just see which leaves you collected and get spot tested for them.

Standard allergy testing includes to a bunch of different kinds of trees, right? If you haven't had that done before, perhaps you can now -- and perhaps allergy shots might improve things for you. In the meantime, I suppose at least you have a doctor's note to get out of the biology project....

Comments

That is pretty sucky op. Hopefully you will be able to find out what the leaf was. Life can be a bitch.

HowAreYouToday 34
ZeeBest86 6

I think u meant: life can be a birch... Teehee

mowmowlife 21

#27 win. Sounds like OP's doc is pretty stumped. You better leaf him.

These comments made me laugh harder than the FML did.

The only time saying fir instead of for won't get you attacked by grammar nazis

#59 - there is an "you" in place of "your" in your bio.

FATTY_MCDOOGLE 29

These comments are very punny.

67 if you read carefully saying "your" would make absolutely no sense listen "if your can't understand..."? How does that make sense?

Also "an" should not be before "you" in your comment "y" is not a vowel in this case if you would like to try and talk about proper grammar you should have proof read your commer first

Sinkhole 26

Yeah, listen to the guy who doesn't proofread his comments.

Just see which leaves you collected and get spot tested for them.

Exactly. My mom had to do this after her body went haywire via cat dander.

Standard allergy testing includes to a bunch of different kinds of trees, right? If you haven't had that done before, perhaps you can now -- and perhaps allergy shots might improve things for you. In the meantime, I suppose at least you have a doctor's note to get out of the biology project....

Trees hate you OP. Trees hate you. *starts throwing DVDs at OP*

That's likely my favourite video by Julian Smith.

mowmowlife 21

Julian Smith reference indeed. He makes the most hilarious videos on youtube in my opinion.

You're comments are getting better. [=

Leaf allergies, as if you didn't have enough incentive to stay inside during the fall...

skyeyez9 24

Same here. I had an allergy test and learned I am allergic to every tree except a cedar tree. Took allergy shots....and had an anaphylactic reaction to those.

I'm allergic to all tree, grass, and weed pollens. As well as cat dander and dust mites. Thankfully, I started getting allergy shots a few months ago and they're helping me a lot. ...That's disappointing that they didn't work for you.

At least your doctor has a sense of humor.

The only thing funny about OP's doctor is wherever he got his diploma from.

Psych101 9
KiddNYC1O 20
olpally 32

Great doctor... Not! Get another opinion... That's not good.

Find a new doctor who will actually do his job and get you tested for your allergies instead of acting like his patients don't matter.

You should know better than to assume any FML is a whole story. The doctor probably mentioned it as a joke, then proceeded to take action. FMLs are meant to share comedic experiences, which occur at certain points, and are never entirely serious.

Very funny username OP, anyway, that really does suck... Right in the middle autumn.