By Anonymous - 30/07/2013 06:52 - United States - Crystal Lake

Today, I was at a piano lesson playing a song I had worked very hard to make perfect. Halfway through, my teacher abruptly stops me and asks, "Did you notice that I rearranged the furniture?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 875
You deserved it 3 826

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jesus Christ OP, how could you be so inconsiderate as to start playing a song you've practiced for hours to get right without even complimenting the teacher on the furniture. Talk about being rude. But in all seriousness, next time try and figure out if anything has changed to avoid them interrupting you in the future. Or just play a quick game of 20 Questions with them.

Gothicbunnyx3 16

That's terrible, find a better piano teacher! I'd be overly pissed if someone stopped me midway during a song!!

Comments

Shouldve noticed it sooner then eh?

Nope, I think playing music is more important than that

I really don't think this is a "**** my life". It seems kind of minor.

Sorry OP . That's really inconsiderate of her .

#1 I think she's was to busy trying to show has new song

Because the furniture was moved it must have been a woman? *cough* sexist! *cough*

Hmm doesn't seem like she really enjoys her job at all

CallMeWindSock 24

She should be an interior designer!

I'd tell her, " I'll be Bach" and then just don 't call her :3

Then when she tries to call you, get the phone company to Bloch her number!

ise3 10

Or you could go into Haydn .-. Speaking of which why couldn't Beethoven find his teacher?

That job is underrated. They have to deal people who dont practice, people who aren't musical and even people who only come to talk (lessons with two people at the same time). My piano teacher told me that these things make it really hard to learn a person to play piano. His reason to retire.

Seems time to find a new teacher if possible. This one obviously doesn't care about you at all.

Yeah- she doesn't have a Handel on the teaching, and she seema Verdi careless about her students. She needs to go into Haydn!!

Ha! Seems* what am I, some Italian stereotype??

Jesus Christ OP, how could you be so inconsiderate as to start playing a song you've practiced for hours to get right without even complimenting the teacher on the furniture. Talk about being rude. But in all seriousness, next time try and figure out if anything has changed to avoid them interrupting you in the future. Or just play a quick game of 20 Questions with them.

OP should stop being pissed and act natural...

If the OP has been going to this teacher for a while than it's reasonable that they should know what the place looks like. If they know what the place looks like they should be able to notice if it has changed. If the changes are very noticeable and an obvious effort was put into making the room look nice, it's actually pretty rude for the OP not to say something. "You rearranged." "I like the changes you've made" "That's an interesting spot for that chair". Anything really to acknowledge the effort obviously put in to impress or make people like the OP more comfortable. I am not saying that it was right for the teacher to interrupt the OP to ask if they had noticed the changes. That was wrong as hell and the teacher is an asshat for doing it. He/she should have waited till the OP was done and had given his/her feedback on the OP's playing, that is what she's paid for after all, and then asked. All I'm saying is that the OP was a bit rude as well.

That's not even the big question. The big question is what was the song you were trying to perfect?

RedPillSucks 31
Pwn17 25
Gothicbunnyx3 16

That's terrible, find a better piano teacher! I'd be overly pissed if someone stopped me midway during a song!!

Yeah! Start a Chopin-Liszt of teachers in your area so you can keep learning!

Gothicbunnyx3 16

If someone stopped me midway through a piece to have small talk I'd be pissed. If it was just something to correct me on then sure, stop me midway. But it was very rude and not teacher like to stop OP like that.

Your teacher sounds like a pain in the ass. As a violin teacher, I would never interrupt a students playing like that unless it was for constructive criticism. Otherwise, it's just rude.