By pianonerd - 15/09/2009 06:16 - Canada

Today, my piano teacher told me that she "forgot" to inform me that she volunteered me to play a 5 page song in a recital in front of 300 people that's happening next week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 937
You deserved it 3 352

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should get a few lessons from her without paying and then "forget" that you fired her.

Yeah, that's gonna be hard to pull of. But if you work hard and don't screw off, you could probably do it.

Comments

haha nice! i liked the george bush joke!

_THE_MASTER_ 0

or get smashed beforehand...maybe you'll play amazingly! Peter Griffin-style

jo2ice 0

wait till the recital, don't show up, and when she asks, tell her you forgot to tell her u can't make it! :)

A recital for a music school in front of 300 people is small OP. And five pages of grand staff music is essentially 2 1/2 pages. Try 4 pages of single staff music at a publicly presented Canadian Premier of a famous composer's piece in a sold out concert hall seating 1000+. Please OP, grow a pair and play the damn concert. If you mess up then so be it. Music is a human creation and therefore cannot be perfect all the time.

Stereotypes: eef u Asiiian yoo cain doo eet! No pyobwem! Eet easy!! (yes, spelling is on purpose) (no offense to Asians)

Oh no! I had a music teacher once do that to me, only I had to play guitar & sing :/

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Do you even play piano? Or music in general? You don't cram for a recital.

stacme 0

Well, you can. I mean, from experience, if this person is as good as their teacher seems to think, it's not that hard to learn 5 pages. If you don't have to memorize, it's a piece of cake. Hell, I learned a 200 page musical in a week and a half and I'm only slightly above mediocre. Memorizing.. well, look for patterns. 5 pages, even if it's Bach or Rachmaninoff are not that bad.

Memorizing the notes is different than memorizing the muscle memory, of course. That takes time even with the music. But it certainly can be done! :)

bugmenotmofo 34

Yeah, that's gonna be hard to pull of. But if you work hard and don't screw off, you could probably do it.

Ooh! Tough going - think of it as a challenge! Clearly you are talented though, otherwise your tutor would not have left it until the last minute to have told you. All the best for it though, I know how you feel! Bon chance!

You should get a few lessons from her without paying and then "forget" that you fired her.

No he shouldn't. It's as #6 said, he obviously has the talent. I learned a four page piece on the piano in a weekend. This is totally doable.

I predict it will be like the first 15 seconds of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17xvp4_8hY

You need to get yourself a skilled friend and blind the audience somehow. . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEZUtq2QHIY

You can always have keyboard cat play you off