By Anonymous - 27/04/2017 00:01 - United States

Today, I went to work with a splitting headache, after being ridiculed for calling out with a migraine previously. It was only after I started vomiting blood at my work station that management decided I could go home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 733
You deserved it 696

Kitkat7291 tells us more.

Kitkat7291 4

OP here - I've tried to leave an update a few times but it never sends -_-' I did go to the hospital that day and the over all verdict was in fact an ulcer. I'm on really strong antacids now. I also quit that job 2 weeks after this post, but only after securing another one. I'm much happier now, thank you everyone!

Top comments

You could have meningitis or an ulcer it's not a normal thing for a migraine to cause gastrointestinal bleeding.

Go see a doctor then update your resume and find a new job. I work through migraines myself but any company that bullies you for getting them (or going home) isn't good enough for you. Work somewhere where they have basic respect for others.

Comments

You could have meningitis or an ulcer it's not a normal thing for a migraine to cause gastrointestinal bleeding.

Could be they took too many pills to get rid of the migraine and now it's messing with their stomach. That's what happens to me

Allornone 35

Nausea and vomiting can be common with migraines, but vomiting blood? Um, no. You should go see a doctor. now

Go see a doctor then update your resume and find a new job. I work through migraines myself but any company that bullies you for getting them (or going home) isn't good enough for you. Work somewhere where they have basic respect for others.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
0tterPop 1

This commenter is saying to update his resume and look for a new job (presumably while still working at the old one like normal people do) so they could find a better work environment/better benefits. That seems reasonable to anyone. I did not read the commenter say "Quit your job and get welfare." Sorry someone shit in your cereal this morning. OP hope you feel better.

It should never be your employer that decides if you are sick or not. With a doctor's note there shouldn't be anything they could do about it.

You would think. My boyfriend has a job that gives him sick leave but he used his sick leave and called out for more hours than the sick leave covered and they wrote him up for calling in.

blackfire29 7

Please update us OP. That sounds serious. FYI to the other posters: It may be a more serious problem, or they could be using an NSAID over the long-term; they're pain relievers that can cause bleeding if used for a long time, but I don't know if the blood they cause could be vomited as I'm not a doctor, just a fellow migraine-sufferer. Migraines are debilitating for some people; if you have one, go home and lie down in a quiet, dark place void of smells. And visit a doctor ASAP if they're as bad as OP's or if you need a doctor's excuse. They're nothing to mess around with.

Yeah first rule of illness: if you vomit blood, go to an emergency room as fast as you possibly can. It could be any number of things, but a significant portion are deadly or really serious.

If you take medication like Ibuprofen for a long period of time or on an empty stomach it can cause serious damage to the lining of the stomach.

One should be loyal to their workplace as much as their workplace is loyal to them.

Your headaches may be part of something more serious, friend.....

Home? Try the freakin' hospital! You need to see a doctor ASAP!

species4872 19