By Sorry Not Sorry - 01/11/2016 14:01

Today, my boss bitched me out for a customer complaint. The complaint was me not laughing at the customer's joke of me asking for his ID and him saying no. I'm sorry, I've been getting this joke a least twice a day since I started working here two years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 462
You deserved it 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like when I was a cashier and when I had hold up the money to make sure it wasn't counterfeit the customer would, without fail, say "HAHA I JUST MADE IT THIS MORNING." And laugh like it was the single funniest joke in the entire world.

I occasionally make lame jokes like that and am usually a little embarrassed of myself afterwards. Can't imagine wanting to repeat the whole thing to management.

Comments

Sounds like when I was a cashier and when I had hold up the money to make sure it wasn't counterfeit the customer would, without fail, say "HAHA I JUST MADE IT THIS MORNING." And laugh like it was the single funniest joke in the entire world.

talaswolf 20

I know the pain of being a cashier and hearing that joke way to often.

#3, think you got it right the first time :)

AznLuvsMusic 26

Or when an item doesn't scan and they say "it must be free!" Heard that one several times...

Or when you ask if they want a receipt and say 'can't claim it on tax'. (liquor store cashier).

At walmart my cashier couldn't scan some food so I said "I guess it's free!" she replied very unamused " I've only heard that 10 times today" ....i thought I was funny....

How is that funny? I couldn't be a cashier. I have no patience for this.

I work at a Starbucks with a drive through and I cannot tell you how many times people have ordered hamburgers thinking it was a hilarious and clever new joke. Same thing also constantly happened when I worked at Taco Bell.

I occasionally make lame jokes like that and am usually a little embarrassed of myself afterwards. Can't imagine wanting to repeat the whole thing to management.

That's why I had a pre-recorded laugh-track ready to go whenever a customer made a lame joke. I'd hit that play button and stare at them as laughter from long-dead people filled the store. It was glorious.

"I'd like to launch a complaint. I told one of your cashiers a joke. They asked for my ID, and I said they couldn't have it." "…" "Is there anyth—" "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I JUST GOT IT! Man, that is some witty humor. ****! It took me a second. Wow. Woooow! Did you write that yourself? AHAHA, I just remembered the part where you said they couldn't have your ID! Classic!"

Must be some needy asf neighborhood you're working in for someone there to complain you not laughing at their joke

I hear ya sometimes the old jackass's joke ain't funny and it gets old listening to it and plastering a smile on your face!!!

ohsnapword 21

I would just laugh uncontrollably for about 3 minutes as if it were the funniest thing in the world. Be sure to compliment the customer on their originality.

pacman490 21

When I was a cashier people would walk up and say "Oh you're just waitin for me, aren't cha?"