By Anonymous - 02/04/2013 16:15 - United States

Today, my boss fired me from my job at a local family-owned business. Thanks, mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 582
You deserved it 9 321

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because she's your mom doesn't mean you get special treatment. If one of my kids worked for me and they weren't up to par, yeah I'll can them. Welcome to the real world.

You don't deserve special treatment just because you're family, OP. If you don't work hard there are plenty of people who need jobs who are willing to take your place.

Comments

You deserved it if you didn't do your job right, especially if you acted a fool because you thought you got special privileges.

TheDrifter 23

She works hard for the mommy, so hard for the mommy.

Nookie! Does it all for the nookie! Jeez...

TheDrifter 23

I guess we're too old, nobody gets the references. Well, that or hours of Justin Beiber and Niki Minaj has rotted the part of their brain that governs musical appreciation.

Maybe she just didn't want you to work for her for the rest of your life. That's a harsh way to let you know, especially because that's your mom.

Awww OP.. Hmmm maybe you werent working hard enough ! Even though your boss is your mon she has to be fair with the other employees :)

rg350dx 29

Eyyyy mon where da red stripe?

LOOOOOOOLLL !!!! Omg that made me laugh so hard !

HeadlessSparrow 20

A family-owned business is still a business, therefore you can get fired even though your boss is a relative of yours.

but it may have the reverse effect... now that the OP is jobless, they may return to the nest!

olpally 32

I'm sure we'd all like to know why your mom fired you... Seriously. If she did it just because or were you slacking off? Fyl either way, hard enough to get a job in this economy as it is, she just made your life harder.

effiestonem154 11

Sounds like a good mother AND businesswoman.

perdix 29

Just because you got a job through nepotism doesn't mean you can be an incompetent slacker. It would be funny if your mom suddenly started charging you rent, too. Welcome to the real world, princess.