By Anonymous - 02/04/2013 16:15 - United States

Today, my boss fired me from my job at a local family-owned business. Thanks, mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 582
You deserved it 9 321

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because she's your mom doesn't mean you get special treatment. If one of my kids worked for me and they weren't up to par, yeah I'll can them. Welcome to the real world.

You don't deserve special treatment just because you're family, OP. If you don't work hard there are plenty of people who need jobs who are willing to take your place.

Comments

upallnight11 19

That's what you get for beating her on Minecraft.

truepanda 2

you must be a shitty worker. ever consider that?

knoxxx 22

Well, at least no one that works there has to worry about nepotism.

If you're a sucky employee then you don't deserve the job. Being a relative of the boss shouldn't give you any kind of advantage or special privileges over anyone else. That's messed up and childish. Don't expect to be carried through life. Work hard and carry your own ass.

If your Mom fired you, you must've deserved it!

This happened to me as well! While I was working at my mom's yoga studio, she fired me for not being able to fix a water fountain that is apparently, not waterproof.

TVKill3r 15

Must have been a reason bud.

if family fires you it means you really sucked at the job. you 100% deserved it.

Sillydeadperson 17

I'm a bit glad that she isn't keeping you for the sole reason that you're a part of her family. Of course that isn't to say that being fired doesn't suck, but she's probably got a better head on her shoulders than a lot of family-business-owners. I wish you luck in finding a better job in the future.