By Anonymous - 06/09/2014 22:19 - United States - Cottonwood

Today, my boyfriend canceled his plans to attend my father's wake, not even 10 minutes after he found out there won't be any alcohol on offer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 992
You deserved it 4 128

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not gonna say break it off, but this may make you want to think very hard about him.

Rosebudx 32

Cancel your plans to be his girlfriend?

Comments

Not gonna say break it off, but this may make you want to think very hard about him.

Thank you for not saying stuff like "dump his ass."

I think with this level of compassion, tact and sensitivity, he has earned a new title. Ex sounds about right.

I'm sorry for your loss OP. But if that was my boyfriend, i'd have a talk with him.

Yeah, I needed my girl with me to make it through one of dad's friends wakes when dad was hospitalized in an accident, and that was me going to comfort dad's friends widow and let her know we didn't blame them for the accident, if my girl wouldn't have come to a parents wake she'd be my ex girl quickly.

He doesn't sound like a good boyfriend. Sorry op

He couldn't go a couple of hours without alcohol that's bad

"You might want to talk to him about that" I think is what they meant.

Sorry, I did mean "talk to." Thanks autocorrect.

My friends and I call it auto-confuse... To the Op, sorry for your loss, and yes, it's time to sit the boyfriend down for a good long talk about things.

Looks like your boyfriend's dead set on that booze! I'm sorry, that was insensitive.

You are on FML getting mad at jokes? You do know how this site works right?

he seems looking for partying...you really gotta check if he is tour type or not...

Rosebudx 32

Cancel your plans to be his girlfriend?

I was thinking the same thing. That the boyfriend cancelled his original plans to attend the wake with his girlfriend. It seems to be the response that the boyfriend cancelled going to the wake because no alcohol was being served.

Rosebudx 32

It's like you've posted the reverse of the Cliff Notes version of this FML.

jazmin3012 28

I'm so sorry for your loss R.I.P OP's Dad

That's incredibly rude of him. Sorry about your dad OP :(

Sefolkerth 20

I'm sorry about your loss; and it may be hard to face this right now but perhaps this relationship needs to be rethought. Your significant other's priorities are very questionable. Perhaps he doesn't deal well with loss himself and is unsure of how to be there for you, or maybe he really does need to grow up a bit. Either way it's time to talk.