By ppp - 14/09/2011 04:12 - United States

Today, my boyfriend gave me a gift. A half-used bottle of body lotion that belonged to his dead wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 206
You deserved it 3 408

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

He just wants you to smell like her. Nothing weird about that -- until he takes you down to his dungeon/shrine.

Comments

herpitydurteedur 0

If it truly is an issue of him missing the way she smells, if wear a bit of it just to indulge him, but I would slightly alter the scent wih another fragrance a bit more each day. Then he'll get used to whatever you're wearing. Although if she were still living it'd e a completely different story. Sorry if my thoughts are a bit choppy, it's late and I had a long night.

RedPillSucks 31

oooohhh!!!! devious!!! me likey!!!!

It's showing that he really cares about you. It's more of what it means rather what it is. It's a part of his wife and he wants you to be his new one.

usnwife 18

That's what I was thinking too. Sure it's a bit weird, but if he held on to it it's surely important and by giving it to op he's showing that she is important too. OP, take it as a sweet guesture, but I wouldn't wear it - you don't want him to be reminded of her every time he is near you, it will hinder your relationship. kindly accept it and store it away for a while!

boopiie 3
leadman1989 15

And before his dead wife it was his beloved nan nan. Oh how he loved his nan nan.

It sounds like it might be important to him if it used to belong to his late wife. Maybe keep it and just not use it?

poor guy. if he kept the bottle, it meant something to him. if he gave it to you, it could mean many things. maybe he is finally letting go, for you. or whatever. at any rate I'm sure it was meant to be non creepy. personally I would have bought you the same brand of lotion, but then again I have not lost my wife in a tragic event. I can't - and don't want to - imagine what that would be like!!

It rubs the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again lls