By Todd - 14/08/2012 16:14 - United States

Today, my dad got so drunk that he had an intense argument with the microwave, resulting in him threatening to ground me after I tried to calm him down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 811
You deserved it 1 973

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your dad's that drunk, the microwave probably would've won the fight anyway.

Dad: Why can't you ever *hic* heat anything evenly? Microwave: ... Dad: I asked you a question! Microwave: ... Dad: Answer me, damn you! Microwave: *ding* Dad: YOU'RE GROUNDED, SMARTASS!

Comments

If your dad's that drunk, the microwave probably would've won the fight anyway.

JocelynKaulitz 28

It's not like he was going to remember he grounded you the next day…

Yeah. When you argue with a microwave, things can get quite heated.

ArielTheMermaid 17

Poor microwave. Just wanted to make your dad a snack

"Step aside son, this is an argument between me and the microwave."

What do you mean by you "hope" he'll sober up? Is there a chance that his liver will refuse to process alcohol and he'll magically stay drunk the rest of his life?

Psych101 9

42- I think 2 was saying that he hopes OP's dad sobers up sooner rather than later. If he hadn't included soon in his comment, then it would have just been ridiculous.

Perhaps he means it in the sense of "stops getting drunk".

Just leave him with the microwave, they'll work out their differences.

Psych101 9

I don't know, microwaves are pretty argumentative. And mine is so damn judgemental...

Mine is always beeping at me all impatiently if I don't get my food within a few seconds! I'm like, "I WILL GET MY FOOD WHEN I WANT TO, DAMNIT!".

Stop stereotyping, you guys. My microwave is Sharp and warm. (I apologize for my puns.) It's just when a few bad individuals act out that microwaves in general take the blame.

olpally 32

Your dad is Peter griffin!! Lmao!

ByronJess 17

If he was that drunk, he probably won remember that he threatened to ground you. I wouldn't be worried.

good, bad or both he had his night, hope he remembers the goods and gets over what he wanted to forget although drinking to forget is not always fun

MindFreakazoid 10

He's got tiger's blood, and Adonis DNA.

If you see someone arguing with a microwave, chances are you don't want to intrude.

I do the same thing after microwaving a hot pocket.

Dad: Why can't you ever *hic* heat anything evenly? Microwave: ... Dad: I asked you a question! Microwave: ... Dad: Answer me, damn you! Microwave: *ding* Dad: YOU'RE GROUNDED, SMARTASS!

Finally, a comment by docbasterd that does not require a dictionary.

I'd prefer to think that the dad was debating the merits of consequentialist vs. deontological ethics.