By hardgraderorhardass - 24/02/2016 04:46 - United States - Bridgewater

Today, my English professor bragged to my entire class about how good my essay was. He kept on saying great things about it for the duration of class. To my surprise, he'd given me a C-. When I asked why, his only response was: "I'm a hard grader." FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 785
You deserved it 1 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bet you didn't C that one coming! I'll let myself out.

That doesn't even make sense. If he loved it so much why a C-?

Comments

That doesn't even make sense. If he loved it so much why a C-?

If the one he loved so much is a C-, what grades did the others get?

Some lecturers have this silly idea that no-one deserves an A, because no-one is perfect. It isn't motivating, rather frustrating. During my undergrad studies I had a lecturer give a rather easy assignment at the end (just a few pages review on one article). Afterwards he gave everyone a B or less - because "you cannot get an A for something so easy". As it was an elective class and I applied for financial aid (which in our university depended on your average grade), him being an asshole would have very nearly cost me a lot of money.

Then at the very least the OP should have gotten a B/B-

Maybe his grade was the best comparative to everyone else's grade.

CheekyRaccoon 27

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

7, I've never seen an example of making someone's goals unachievable motivate them. This sounds more like the teacher that wouldn't give an a to a paper written about physics by Einstein, and those teachers usually give the top of the class either C's or low B's.

You have yet to meet my crazy drama teacher, first thing she said to us was "if you think you can get an A* in drama, forget it because you can't. The best students are A but most of you will be B"

That sucks OP :/ look on the bright side, you passed! Keep working hard and you'll get better grades by him!

Bet you didn't C that one coming! I'll let myself out.

C, look what you did!Now, we'll bring Cing so many C puns.

Your profile picture goes perfect with your comment!

Everyone else mustve failed. Or maybe it was a prank.

GIVING YOUR STUDENTS A C-! SOCIAL EXPERIMENT! GONE SEXUAL! GONE WRONG!

How "well" your essay was? Sounds like your professor doesn't know English anyway.

I wonder what grades the other people got..

If it's that good, why give such a low grade. That's not motivating at all, because even if you do a great job he'll give a low grade. I wonder how terrible everyone else's was.

flyingflies 36

Was your "well" essay for English?