By Anonymous - 04/12/2010 23:28 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, my parents hassled me for wanting to get my tongue pierced, saying it was filthy, unprofessional, and degrading. About an hour later, my sister let slip that my nipple is pierced. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 488
You deserved it 36 750

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fortuitous 0

At least she didn't tell them about your ******** piercing.

therealsuperman 0

haha "surprise! your nipple is pierced"

Comments

Seanie 0

i hate that people still feel that way about piercings/tattoos.

YDI for getting your nipple pierced. Yuck!

sourgirl101 28

So asking for a MOD's undies will get you banned? Good to know before hand! I was just about to send in my request.

This is one of the most utterly random comments I've read. And replied to. ಠ_ಠ What have you been smoking, mister?!

Kay usually just drinks Windex and bleach.

goldhighways 0

I don't blame your parents, that's the nastiest piercing ever and can kill you

*Sigh* Eating a dried apricot can kill you.

doink 0

That was the best comment I have ever read.

goldhighways 0

yeah well I'd rather die from eating a dried apricot than a nasty tongue piercing.

ktrose 0

LOL.. You are making it seem like there is a high chance of dying from a tongue piercing. Agreed with Bobbity, the simplest thing can kill you.. lmfao.

Draminicaus 0

134, haven't you heard the latest news?! Breathing air for long periods of time can give you cancer! :O You should stop breathing! It could kill you!

goldhighways 0

wow good one 158. I wasn't trying to be a bitch or anything, I was only stating my opinion about it because I personally know someone that it happened to after a tongue piercing so that's how I obviously feel about them.

if you mean they went for a piercing and a truck hit them on the way home, that doesn't count! i'm sorry for your loss :)

ktrose 0

165, I am sorry for your loss.

well I've had my tongue peirced for over 10 yrs now and its never gotten infected, (obviously hasn't caused my death), and I'm not a **** (I'm happily married), oh and I can leave it out for over a yr and still put it back in. so to all that have never had your tongue pierced but say all these things about it, this goes to you.... "Don't knock till u try it!" :)

I don't like that phrase ("Don't knock till u try it!"). I can "knock" murder, and nobody complains.

monnanon 13

@82 unlike cigarettes piercings have not been ruled as dangerous. They are only dangerous if you don't look after them. There is not any way in the world to smoke that won't still fill your lungs with chemicals therefore you can't compare the two

monnanon 13

no you didn't comment on piercing directly but since you said she had dumb logic for stating that nothing bad happened to her piercings I would say it was a fair comparison. It is a rather stupid thing to say in most contexts but in a piercing context it is not. Piercing has been practiced for a very long time. The dangers are well known. Ok I admit there may be some that are dangerous and there are a few horror stories about tongue piercings but if you follow the instructions of the piercer you should be OK. If piercings were dangerous from the beginning then any piercer worth their license wouldn't perform them. On saying that I did see a rather horrible one that involved putting a large bar through the ankle. That to my mind is not a piercing, more of a drilling.

monnanon 13

OK obviously there is some misunderstanding here. You were using an example to prove how saying "its never happened to me therefore the danger is exaggerated" is a dumb thing to say in all situations. If I am understanding you right I cannot use the example of piercings which was what your reply was calling dumb logic to show you why i think it isn't a dumb thing to say. Even if you were just making a sweeping statement then i should still be able to link it back to piercing because that is what the fml is about. You said that the statement was dumb logic. I was just showing how in regards to the fml and 69s comment it might not be. I don't fail because i was trying to disprove your point in regards to the fml. I may fail in articulating my argument properly but its been a long time since i was in school and writing debates and arguments so I apologize for that.