By Anonymous - 01/09/2015 17:02

Today, my parents made me quit a school team that I absolutely loved, because women "aren't supposed to play sports." and were worried that if I stayed on the team, I'd develop a manly physique. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 957
You deserved it 2 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iPixelCheese 19

It's cases like these where it's acceptable to stand up against your parents. I know that people around you agree, and look at these comments. Don't quit. Be yourself OP.

Use your strength to kick them both in the shins

Comments

Use your strength to kick them both in the shins

You should join an academic team, and once when they get all happy you quit

What?! women in sports and now academics?! What is the world coming to? That's just crazy talk.

iPixelCheese 19

It's cases like these where it's acceptable to stand up against your parents. I know that people around you agree, and look at these comments. Don't quit. Be yourself OP.

Sadly if the OP is under 18 it won't be up to them. The school will force you off a team at the parents behest without consideration for how you feel about it.

@59 I thought they could only do that if the kid had bad grades.

Nope, most districts require parental consent to continue. Parents withdraw consent you can't play. I was in a play once that had to recast the female lead last minute because her parents objected to her playing that character.

While I agree somewhat, if Op's parents are the ones financially responsible for her sports gear, she really had no control of it.

Fit is attractive. Haven't they seen any women sports... Ever?

and you know, we should be forwarding the sexism here by saying 'its OK if it makes her more appealing for men to fap to'

yea the girls Who play sports are way hotter than most girls at my high school

Wow your parents are real assholes... Stand up for yourself and explain that you love this sport and they'll hopefully understand

That's bull... Being a student athlete better prepares you for life... I made my life long friends through sports and became a better leader and teammate. It teaches grace, tenacity, dignity, sportsmanship, and work ethic.