By KillMeNow - 09/06/2017 09:00 - United States - Houston

Today, my visiting mother-in-law announced she plans on moving to our state and living next door. When I said that's not going to happen, she chuckled and said, "It's happening, Kate." Kate is my husband's ex-girlfriend from 8 years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 280
You deserved it 344

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thatslifeiguess7 16

Um speak to your spouse about this

dementia? it might not be meant to be a mean remark but a memory loss one

Comments

thatslifeiguess7 16

Um speak to your spouse about this

My mother in law did that and it resulted in her kid napping our children, not seeing our grandchildren for 5 years. We were vindicated when we finally saw my children and they saw that we weren't looking to yell at them for leaving and only celebrated the reunion. They now know their grandmother is insane and controlling.

she kidnapped your children but you couldn't see your grandchildren? could you make this clearer

Eashy 16

What I'm getting here is that her kids grandmother, who hasn't seen them in 5 years, took them into her home to make up for lost time, and denied that she had them in her custody. I'm pretty sure that they got their kids back in a few hours or a day or two.

Charlie Coffman_1920149595 18

it sounds like she went to jail and therefore didn't see the kids for five years

she kidnapped your kids for 5yrs?! Why did it take so long to get them back??

CrazyTrainWreck 19

Yes Kate you can't do anything about it.

Bless her heart! Not only is the monster-in-law moving in next door, guess who her roommate is going to be? Kate!

dementia? it might not be meant to be a mean remark but a memory loss one

This is a huge JustNoMIL red flag. You have some planning to do. Depending on how your spouse reacted if they witnessed this interaction or what they say in response to your telling them about this declaration will make your path clear. Hopefully you guys already live far away from her for a reason and your spouse will back you up in pushing this drama train off course.

Asl5111 2

I would join the "all in the family" or "dwil" group on babycenter.com community. They'll help you put up some righteous boundaries on in laws and extended family. It sounds like you have a self-serving narc or a MIL and she's bound to not respect you one ounce. You've got to stand up for your family and protect yourself, husband and especially children from those kind of people.

Now I really don't feel bad for going low/supervised contact with my mom after she said she wanted to kidnap my daughter and take her across the country. It's frightening that people actually do this.

LEbleuDESreves 10

Make sure she does not have a double of your house keys ...

My MiL (who is also a nightmare) did something similar over a year ago. She wanted my husband to help her pick out a nice retirement community next to us and help her move. He didn't, and she is still living in another state.

Is there a psycho mother/MIL group we could join?