By ihateeverything - 30/01/2009 17:05 - United States

Today, the dentist had to give me a lot of novacaine because my mouth wasn't becoming numb. After the 4th time the entire right side of my mouth was numb, except for the 2 teeth getting worked on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 389
You deserved it 1 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That happened to me when I was getting stitches on my face from a dog bite, that felt terrible. Worse off, I went to the emergency room with a maxi pad against my face just to contain the bleeding.

fuckingfabulous 0

happens to me all the time. my dentist actually told me she couldn't legally give me anymore novacane after she injected me 4 times.

Comments

same thing happened to me, had to just deal with it, don't even bother anymore.

fuckingfabulous 0

happens to me all the time. my dentist actually told me she couldn't legally give me anymore novacane after she injected me 4 times.

That happened to me when I was getting stitches on my face from a dog bite, that felt terrible. Worse off, I went to the emergency room with a maxi pad against my face just to contain the bleeding.

Jessaly_fml 0

That happens to me. They numbed the whole side of my mouth, but they were working on the only tooth I have with an EXTREMELY sensitive nerve, so it was the most painful five little minutes of my life.

laffytacky_fml 0

uhhh. that sucks. did you have a milkshake after? thats what i did, it felt all warm though on the numb side.

I was having crowns put on my two front teeth a couple years ago and after 11 shots, I couldn't feel my face, but I still managed to keep all feeling in mouth. What ever happened to the gas? I always used to get that when I was a kid. Now they just keep jabbing me with these useless needles!

This has also happened to me and it was as #3 said, the tooth was infected. The dentist stopped and I had to come in another time, but before I left he prescribed some pills to fight the infection. When I came the second time the anesthetist worked just fine

Fatigue can cause this, too. I was getting dental work done once and, when 2 shots didn't do the trick, the dentist knew a 3rd or 4th wouldn't work, so he told me to come back the next day. I did, and that time, one shot got the job done.

etherealjoy 0

lol, same thing happened to me. in the end the dentist applied a leave on antibiotic and a temporary filling for 12 weeks until enuf of the infection went away that she didnt have to drill anymore