By DirtyCharmed - 01/11/2011 06:29 - United States

Today, I'm very ill. My throat and glands are so swollen that whenever I fall asleep, I relax too much and cut off my own air. The doctor said it's a viral infection and there's nothing they can give me, so I can choose between trying to kill myself by sleeping or staying awake for the next few days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 671
You deserved it 2 632

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel you should've consulted another doctor for a different opinion. Still, FYL.

Just go to sleep, the second your throat closes, you will automatically wake up. And if this were truly life or death, you'd be in a hospital, lol.

Comments

BlacOpsMaximus 5

You may want to stay up for a day or too,, unless you wanna wing it and hope for the best but I wouldn't tho. FYL !

That's truly some fantastic advice! I wonder if OP had the exact same idea.....

BlacOpsMaximus 5

naw I'm almost 100% sure that I'm the first to suggest this x)

effarve 2

fall asleep if you like, theres 7 billion of us.

Just go to sleep, the second your throat closes, you will automatically wake up. And if this were truly life or death, you'd be in a hospital, lol.

That isn't true... Look up sleep apnea, you don't always wake up.

#19. I was wondering when someone was gonna bring that to light.

Nurse. We need a Tracheotomy. STAT! Either that or I got something you can shove down your throat to help open up the airways. Only a short term fix as the airways will block up again.. but if I shove it in when you breath out... out when you breath in.. in out.. in out... And then a soothing cream will be applied after a short while. ;-)

Actually this works. It is for people with crushed wind pipes. The breathing method is for people undergoing endoscopy.

T 62- he's talking about shoving his dick in their throat....Either way... Bad joke, not funny...

Who said it was a joke? BJ's are DEADLY serious! Anyway, bad FML's breed bad jokes. I can only work with what I am given.

Torva_fml 16

93- feel free to simply not post then. There are many funny/good comments above... they know how to do it ;)

Toowoo 3

Wow 62 how did u not catch that bj joke lol

XenaWP 6

I think you're a complainer. Suck it up! Or go on a ventilator. They will stick a tube down your throat so you can breathe while you sleep.

OP's doctors are wrong. Classic case of Mono.

This is definitely one of the worst FML's i've ever seen. I can't even imagine how horrible that would be :( Get well soon OP

I would choose staying awake, but overall it is your decision so choose at what you will....