Classic Mom

By secret - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Ashford

Today, I got a text from my mom shaming me for forgetting my sister's birthday. It isn't her birthday today, it's mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 429
You deserved it 2 300

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What the? What'd she say when you corrected her? But I guess sometimes people get confused between children. My parents call my sisters by the others name sometimes.

I hope you shame your mom for forgetting yours. Happy birthday, OP!

Comments

I hope you pointed out her mistake! Happy birthday, OP!

saffy66 34

Maybe she meant to text your sister and sent into you instead? It happens - just Google 'autocorrect fails' for some really embarrassing examples...

Umh that's sad, I'm sorry OP. I know and understand that parents sometimes unintentionally confuse us with our siblings and call us by different names. My mom called me by our dog's name couple of times already but I understand that they just have different things on their minds. On the other hand, confusing birthdays is kind of weird. It's not a momentary thing, she probably knew about it for days or weeks before and it's really weird for a mom to forget her child's birthday. Don't feel too bad about it though, I bet (hope) she still loves you and was sorry afterwards.

Dogs are more important, parents make a conscious decision to get them 100% of them time, unlike kids. ;)

codytallica 38
codytallica 38

Is your mom sippin on grandpa's ole cough medicine?

codytallica 38

Maybe she just wanted you to come home cause they were planning a surprise party?

Bigfabthetruth52 22

maybe it's a trick and greater things await you later on in the day

moms are always moms...you can't change that...