Definitely didn't miss that one

By BirdWatching - This FML is from back in 2017 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom - London

Today, after moving to the big city, and missing the natural world from my tiny, 10th floor apartment, I bought a window bird feeder. Within half an hour, it had fallen off, landed on, and killed a pigeon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 377
You deserved it 814

Top comments

elitepower 1

That must have sucked. But don’t be disheartened. Cities are different but there are areas of nature and serenity still to be had. You just have to get used to the area.

Comments

elitepower 1

That must have sucked. But don’t be disheartened. Cities are different but there are areas of nature and serenity still to be had. You just have to get used to the area.

Good...pigeons are disgusting! They're nothing more than filthy little disease-ridden rats with wings that do nothing but shit everywhere!

You did a good thing there. Pigeons are essentially rats with wings.

Try to attract crows/magpies. And be nice to them- they will bring you bribes if you don't put out good one day, eventually. And generally consider you "that nice human that gives us food." On the flip side, they will hold a grudge for the entirety of their life and teach their friends, family, and future offspring to hate you. This USUALLY results in divebombing, heckling, and being shit on. Basically, they at least have personalities.

I see what happened you assumed it was to feed birds, but it actually feeds ON birds. Simple misake to make

Well at least you fed something. A lucky neighborhood cat got a free meal!

TreeDwarf 1

Pidgey! I choose you! Pidgey used Keen Eye! BirdFeeder used Smash! Pidgey fainted!

Yeah, somewhere that high up is bound to be kinda windy.