Dutch courage

By not a jesse pinkman joke - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Princeton

Today, my dad turned up drunk to an intervention for my brother's drug addiction. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 605
You deserved it 2 627

Top comments

drayloon 50

Maybe they should seek help together. If they can hold each other accountable, they may both be successful

Steve95401 49

Good luck to your brother. He'll have to work hard to overcome your family's tendencies.

Comments

I'm sorry OP, some people just don't know how to act appropriately at certain times.

A++ parent in need of some AA intervention.

drayloon 50

Maybe they should seek help together. If they can hold each other accountable, they may both be successful

Maybe. They might need sober sponsors.

Steve95401 49

Good luck to your brother. He'll have to work hard to overcome your family's tendencies.

Maybe they can give u a two for one special at the rehab facility?

your profile picture goes perfectly with that sentence

Well hopefully your dad can learn something for them.

If your dad isn't usually like this, then maybe he's taking it harder than you thought. Just have a talk to him about how your brother needs all of you there and sane during this time, because it's only going to get rougher from here on out. Hope your brother comes out clean and happy by the end of this.

Try your best to continue to steer yourself clear from substances OP. Hopefully your brother and father get the help they need.

He was trying his best. that was his demonstration of you should do as I say, not as I do So how did it end up....for both of them?

I don't think showing up to your sons intervention drunk is 'trying your best'. That's not exactly deadbeat status but it comes close.

I'm really sorry, that's very irresponsible of your dad. I like the rhyming though..