From beyond

By hearingthings - 26/06/2012 02:59 - Australia - Perth

Today, in a drunken, depressed state I thought I heard my deceased mother trying to make contact with me from beyond the grave. It took me a moment to realise that the soft voice was from the music my neighbours were playing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 233
You deserved it 6 517

Same thing different taste

Top comments

loserboii 11

You should probably drink a little(or a lot) less.

I'm sorry about your mother, OP. But I hear it isn't uncommon to want to be contacted or given a sign from a dead loved one, drunk or not. Don't feel too bad.

Comments

Drinking really does make things worse. I'm sorry for your loss. ):

I just have to say that your kitten is so cute! I have a tuxedo kitty that looks very similar.

LegalyWhite 7

What kind of music were they playing

KiddNYC1O 20

I read it again. Still doesn't tell me what type of music.

LegalyWhite 7

Wow not much of a sense of humor on this app

I'm sorry for your lost OP and you shouldn't be drinking so heavily that you think you hear the voices of deceased people.

Even if OP was sober, they might have heard the music and been so depressed that they still thought it was their mom.

Sorry for your loss. You may have been drunk and depressed. But for that one moment there was ease and maybe some comfort. Don't feel bad something similar happened to me. Take care and chin up.

How long has OP's mom been dead, is what I want to know.

i assume not that long ago given the circumstances op described.

TPH1979 18

It doesn't matter.My mom has been gone five years.I think of her everyday.Some days with laughter, other days with tears.

How can you people be soren to OP? Her mom died and they drank a lilltle! by fcking deal!!!!!!!!

There's no way you deserved the death of your mother, but you can't drink it away forever. Unfortunately you thought your mother was talking to you out of intoxication, so you brought that on yourself. You should seek professional help instead of drinking, because drinking just makes it worse.

She has spoken! Oh wait.. thats just the neighbors music.

Friend: "dude you were so drunk lastnight!" OP: "no i was not!" Friend: "you heard the neighbors music and thought it was your dead mom speaking.."

26- have a little respect. It's hard losing a parent and making jokes isn't exactly considerate.

Spirits are everywhere. Sit down (sober) and just feel her presence. Something will come to you. You will notice her. Did it for my bfs dead little sister..

Congratulations, you are officially a music-whisperer.