I'm not dead, I swear

By Arsinoe - 06/01/2010 00:02

Today, I found out that I have been declared dead by my credit card company in England because I haven't used it since I moved to Thailand last year. I will need three witnesses to convince them that I'm actually alive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 979
You deserved it 2 624

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fed_up_thespian 9

Similar thing happened to my grandfather, he found his own obituary in the newspaper. His response was to walk half a mile to our house through the cow pasture, since apparently this was too good to be told over the phone, and walk up in our yard waving his cane and yelling "somebody's jumped the gun! Ain't dead yet!".

You need Medium, the Ghost Whisperer and John Edwards.

Comments

abudali911 3

Same thing happens to my grandfather

remember not to wear white clothing and chains.

That sounds so much like utter bullshit that it is actually believeable...

Since you haven't used it in a year, you apparently don't need the credit card. So why would you care that they think you're dead?

Im sure the company wouldnt simply remove the card. There could be charges, things unknown. Obviously if he puts this on fml the credit card is important to him.

I haven't used my debit card since I moved to Australia in July. I am, however, returning to the US in March and intend to use it again. Maybe OP intends to return to her home country at some point and use her card.

Well, I suppose OP's not moving back tomorrow, so there's plenty of time to produce the three witnesses.

Why would OP care? Maybe because there's money in that account? -.-

Ever use a credit card? Thats not how it works. If there is a running balance then great! You're dead so I suppose they won't be expecting their funds back. (Yes I realize it wouldn't work like that but it would be sweet if it did)

I do have a credit card. And there's an account attached to it which can hold money. Credit cards can be used as cash cards, you don't have to overcheck.

borabora1991 0

Agreed. I suppose a person doesn't have to pay taxes when they're dead? :)

fed_up_thespian 9

Similar thing happened to my grandfather, he found his own obituary in the newspaper. His response was to walk half a mile to our house through the cow pasture, since apparently this was too good to be told over the phone, and walk up in our yard waving his cane and yelling "somebody's jumped the gun! Ain't dead yet!".

I like your story more than the FML itself.

fed_up_thespian 9

hehe thanks. life is weird, what can you do? I like his idea, wave a stick at it and yell until someone does something about it. ;)

suesblues 0

that's HILARIOUS!!! way better story than the OP.

Fminetoo 0

I wish my credit card would think im dead too....

thejerk56 8

since when were credit card companies allowed to declare anyone dead?

they actually can declare you dead if your account is inactive, and the fact that they moved and the company probably tried reaching them at their old place of residence and they weren't there and they probably didn't tell the company that they moved...it is possible

FYL even more if you are unable to produce three witnesses...