Killing the mood

By hotmess - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Katy

Today, my boyfriend stopped by my house after work because he missed me. We made out for a bit outside, which involved some touching and then he left. When I got inside, I got a Facebook message from my older neighbor that read, "That was gross. Please don't do that again in front of me. Really." FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 646
You deserved it 8 751

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ydi. Couldn't you go inside to do all that?

While nobody really likes excessive PDA, did he have to watch? He could have just looked away if he thought it was that gross.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If the neighbor just wanted to sit outside they should be able to in peace.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

I actually agree. People will say "your neighbor should have looked away" but the neighbor probably did look away after he saw it. And your neighbor should be able to go outside and not see two people ******* around.

I agree, I'm sure your neighbor would like to be able to look through his window without witnessing some heavy petting, especially if you have a house available.

So now is it a total "Phew glad it wasn't me"? I don't like this new system...

SalsaVerdeDonut 22

Why would your neighbor keep looking? They should have turned away once they saw you lip locked with your boyfriend.

They probably did. You don't have to keep watching to send a message telling them to cut it out.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

That went over everyone's heads. I was referring to the starburst contradiction commercial.

While nobody really likes excessive PDA, did he have to watch? He could have just looked away if he thought it was that gross.

There's not enough information to infer that the neighbor was watching the entire scene; my immediate interpretation was that he looked out at the wrong moment, likely seeing them lip-locked and getting handsy, before leaving in disgust to type the message. That brief viewing alone would probably be enough to warrant the message sent. I have to vote YDI on this one; it wouldn't have been much trouble for OP to step into the house and make the "public display of affection" a private one instead.

Why is it automatically a guy? There is no immediate details saying he. Could have been a female with children?

Your neighbour could've phrased that better, but I otherwise agree with them. PDA is gross.

saxaddict122 14

Easy. Unfriend him. Problem solved