Not that there's anything wrong with that

By notgay - 21/06/2015 06:04 - United States - Cranford

Today, I brought my best friend home and told my dad we were going to study together. He loudly replied "Woah!", stumbled around for a few seconds like he was drunk, then apologized and said the "sheer amount of gayness" between us had overloaded his gaydar. We're not gay, dammit! FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 757
You deserved it 3 575

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess it's pretty clear your dad never studied with anyone

Comments

I guess it's pretty clear your dad never studied with anyone

correction: never studied with another guy

octinate 17

Maybe your dad thought you said you were 'going steady' not 'going to study' lol

In fairness, who outside of Med or Law programs studies?

everyone in college....and most of.high school

Seriously? People don't remember things the first time they hear them?

HighasaCloud 46

#51 - Ever hear of engineers?

Or his 'study' groups went all night

FusionPlacebo 26

How can you remember everything without taking notes and looking them over? Obviously you must be some genius because I can't remember that easily and have difficulties hearing and have a better time with visuals.

Well, I don't like to brag. (Wait, yes I do.) On a serious note, if you're having trouble remembering things, take a look around the room while you listen to people talk. You can create stronger memories by giving yourself a visual to associate with the words being spoken, even if it's completely unrelated to what you're trying to remember.

#87 you are correct,I never studied and used photographic memory to remember things.

Don't worry, I realize not everybody can be as gifted as us.

FusionPlacebo 26

Maybe you should just stop being full of yourself and realize that not everyone is as "good"- oh ****. Why am I even trying to doll this up for you? Stop being a narcissistic asshole and get over yourself. Everyone's different.

Jealousy is a dish best served cold. Hell, I don't even know what I'm talking about at this point. All I know is I'm great and you're telling me to not observe it.

@119, didn't anyone ever tell you not to feed the trolls?

He's not being a troll, he's being an ass

duuuude. my dad used to do stuff like that to me and my friend Alli. hahaha.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#33, because your comment helped us thumb her story down any better

pwnman 33

33, that's the whole purpose of commenting. Commenting refers to sharing stores, providing opinions, etc.

You and your daddy should sit down and have a talk. Tell him in all seriousness that you like girls. If he still doesn't believe you, that's his problem.

If the dad still doesn't believe him after their chat, he should bring a female friend over to study and see how the father responds

colvindj 22

I think you're completely over thinking this one. The dad is just being an asshole.

#16 I thought I was the only one who understood that his dad is just trying to embarrass him.

Although #7 has a valid point, it's just the dad being dumb.

People say the loveliest of things when they are drunk.

Oh shoot I thought it said he WAS drunk, not acting like it. If he wasn't, explain it to him. If he was, ignore him. People say and do things from the norm when they have too much alcohol.

Thanks! Constructive criticism is always a plus ;)

clickme 17

Those silly, crazy moments are the ones you'll look back on and laugh at later in life!! Cherish them

The style of this FML sounds like a joke right from South Park and OP's dad's name is Randy and his friends name is Kyle.