By make america date again - 10/02/2016 17:49 - United States - Blacklick

Today, after months of daily migraines and doctor's visits, I've now been told that my "temporary" hearing loss has nothing to do with my migraines, nor is it temporary at all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 670
You deserved it 1 385

Same thing different taste

Top comments

askullnamedbilly 33

If you can afford to, I'd suggest you get a second opinion - I find it very hard to believe that those two symptoms occurred completely independently of each other. Hope you get better soon.

Those two events occurring closely together should be a major red flag to any medical professional worth the paper their degree is written on. From those two symptoms alone, you could be looking at a brain tumor, a concussion, inflammation of the brain and a whole boat of other nasty and possibly lethal medical issues. If your doctor hasn't ordered an MRI, or CAT scan, you should look for a doctor who will order them, stat. That they are being so unconcerned about this says a lot about them, and none of it good. Please get a second opinion, OP, even if it could be expensive. Being in debt sucks, but it's better than being dead.

Comments

Savage. Please do not speak harsh words. It's already tough for OP as it is.

askullnamedbilly 33

If you can afford to, I'd suggest you get a second opinion - I find it very hard to believe that those two symptoms occurred completely independently of each other. Hope you get better soon.

If you don't find it plausable that they could be independent symptoms then you should do a little research first. cuz I have things like that happen to me all the time. a second opinion may still be a good idea.

askullnamedbilly 33

You've experienced intense pain every day for months and then lost your hearing too?! That's gotta be some pretty impressive coincidence. I happen to be a med student, actually, so I know a little about what I'm talking about. It's not impossible for two extreme conditions to appear simultaneously, but it's good to stick to occam's razor with that one - two medical problems, both located in the skull, with the first one being a diagnosis that cannot be confirmed with a test (migraines can have varied symptoms, many of which can also be symptoms of other diseases) - chances are they're related.

Sorry to hear that. But don't give up,deaf people can have very fulfilling lives too

You might want to consider learning American Sign Language. It will be a way to communicate to others.

Don't listen to him. Learn Canadian Sign Language.

You're both wrong. OP needs to communicate through scratches and bites. Look how well it works for them. When is the last time you saw a herd of wild animals needing a doctor?

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Morse code wins. The only way to communicate.

Or OP could get a portable whiteboard set and carry it around to communicate through written word.

theoldman 22

I've heard you can get a piercing on the flab that sticks out over the ear hole that stops migraines. Maybe that will help...? I'm not the doctor that you should be seeking a second opinion from though...

This is an actual thing, actually. You're right. I don't think it always works but from what I've heard it usually does

It works for some people and it doesn't for others. I had my right one done and I am almost completely off of my migraine medicine that I've been on for several years. It's called a Daith Piercing.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Even if it doesn't work, at least you have a cool piercing.

Those two events occurring closely together should be a major red flag to any medical professional worth the paper their degree is written on. From those two symptoms alone, you could be looking at a brain tumor, a concussion, inflammation of the brain and a whole boat of other nasty and possibly lethal medical issues. If your doctor hasn't ordered an MRI, or CAT scan, you should look for a doctor who will order them, stat. That they are being so unconcerned about this says a lot about them, and none of it good. Please get a second opinion, OP, even if it could be expensive. Being in debt sucks, but it's better than being dead.

Sorry OP definitely seek second opinion just in case!!

scottishoatmeal 22

I really hope you're able to get a different opinion/get referred to a specialist. Like someone else said, those two things can be a sign for a number of other things. I've heard horrible stories about doctors not taking their patients symptoms seriously only for the cause to be something life threatening. I hope this isn't the case OP; as much I hope you're not being misdiagnosed.