By power corrupts... - 07/08/2011 20:29 - Czech Republic

Today, at my job as a movie theater attendant, my boss finally eased up and let me sit in on one of the movies. One woman kept laughing out loud every other line. After ten minutes of her braying like a dying horse, I got up and had her ejected from the theater. I'm a terrible person. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 056
You deserved it 12 044

Same thing different taste

Top comments

balex_fml 0

Hey that's not bad. It's very annoying when people talk in the movies!

No you are not i would've done it too

Comments

balex_fml 0

Hey that's not bad. It's very annoying when people talk in the movies!

Max24KB 0

you know your a redneck if you drive a covered wagon lmfao

balex_fml 0

Haha na it's not mine my friend had a western party thing

Sweej 1

I'd say the only thing that was bad is that OP did not give her a warning... And if she did, she should have mentioned it in the FML.

Fair enough I think. If she was annoying OP that much, she was most likely annoying many other people around.

CookieMonstr19 0

This isn't an FML for you! This should be an FML for her!

I feel like OP should have asked her to quiet down first. My beloved Aunt was having failure with several functions and we took her to the movies/dinner before admitting her to the hospital. She laughed and made strange noises like every other line during the movie, luckily there wasn't anyone else in the theatre but still. Maybe you don't know the situation. Even if it was purposeful, at least you'd given the jerk a warning so you knew they were being a jerk. But if it was an innocent offender I'd feel awful.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
HowAreYouToday 34
Pixxio_O 11

The dying horse bit must've been disturbing... 0.0

HowAreYouToday 34
AaronTkr 0

i wish i was a movie theater attendant. swagg.

79 Please read the rules about commenting.

Silence is Golden :) they say it before every movie

QwertyMcNugget 0

"Braying like a dying horse." I can't stop laughing! XDDD

prince122 0

that cat looks like he's waiting for head.

Xx_Dakota_xX 1

So that was the noise I heard a few seats over...thx u OP u did a wonderful thing vc I was about get up and smack...no joke

HowAreYouToday 34
zendaddy0 0

LOL that's what anyone wishes they could do and you had the power... For that second... You were god!

CattyPurry 0

"Silence is golden." ...so is duct tape(:

first of all, the phrase is, "silence is golden.. duct tape is silver." second of all, i haven't heard that phrase since 5th grade.

I would have done the same thing. You did nothing wrong.

It goes like this: Silence is golden, duct tape is silver, pipe is copper.

Pixxio_O 11

I have a question... What do you do with the pipe?

Hit them over the head with it until they shut up.

Or shove the pipe in naughty places.

EvilCupcake8361 9

yes..yes you are OP. you can go die in a hole now:)

destroyer713 0

bull shit duct tape is silver

Ductape is silver...and if worst comes to worst, a rusty crowbar is bronze.

Silence is golden, duct tape is silver, a bullet is bronze.

41. Due to you using swag in your sentence I have no choice but to assume you're a major douche.

No, @200, it's silence is golden, duct tape is silver, and the skin of your victims is bronze.

Um a bullet is brass steel or maybe silver coated

No you are not i would've done it too

She's the real awful person in this FML. Horses are terrible people, and she was pretending to be a dying one. No class whatsoever.

Zoydude 0

OP shall be the one to lead our nation.

X_Codes 11

I agree with #3. You misspelled awesome.

I'm guessing Sarah Jessica Parker was at the theater

I say ydi because you feel bad, I'd find it annoying too but it's not a fyl for feeling bad it was a choice you made...

kingeorge101 0

You take this shut to seriously

iPhone fail, but I totally agree about this not being and FML

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I agree, I like people that laugh, they make me laugh! :) And even if it annoys you, can't you just be happy about the fact that she's really enjoying the movie?

70, what's better, one person enjoying a movie or a room full of people enjoying it? If they can't stay reasonably quiet, they shouldn't be there.

TKello 6

But it's not like the woman was talking, she was simply laughing. Maybe to her the movie was funny and she couldn't keep it in. You go see movies to make yourself feel good, and laughing is a way to do just that. I'm sorry but I don't think what OP did was right, and if I was the woman I would have been very upset. You're lucky she didn't report you to your boss, you could've lost your privilege of being able to sit in the theater during the movie.

No, it is not harsh. That lady was probably annoying the hell out of the majority of the theater anyway. OP did everybody a favor.

it would be very annoying, especially if it was after every other line like OP said. that makes it very hard to focus on the movie and follow the dialogue. People don't pay 7+ dollars to not know what is going on in the movie.

conan13_fml 0

there is a point when some people laugh too much or too loud, and it begins to bother people. If I was OP I would have asked her to quite down first. That said, I prefer drive in's, you can laugh loud and talk with out driving other people nuts.

Weetart 8

#91, when you go to watch a movie in a public setting, you should be considerate and mindful of the people surrounding you. It's common sense. If you plan on laughing like a dying horse as Op had stated, then wait to watch it when it comes out on DVD or pirate the movie. I'm sure if one person is annoyed with her laughter, then you can be sure many other people are. Hell, if I was Op I wouldn't be quite happier to kick her ass out of the theatre. There's a reason as to why before every movie starts, they make it point to turn your cellphones off and to be quiet.

yeah don't feel bad OP, someone would have complained eventually anyways.

omgcookeys 15

It's not harsh if she was actually "braying like a dying horse" the whole time

#6 You must've been the woman that got kicked out...

lovemybabyxxx 0

If you think that's harsh, you must be one of those annoying people that laugh in the movies...just sayin

mgsoloist 14

There have been worse theatre attendants. This one lady kicked us out for having our feet on the back of the seat in front of us despite the fact that we were in an empty theatre. You did good my friend.

nik100 0

hey seeing if this is a message

Agreed. I always make sure to sit some place with an empty seat in front of me.

PhantomReb333 6

Its good, she was some annoying ******* **** dude. who gives a ****

Wow overreact much? I didn't realize having an obnoxious laugh made a person a c***?

Then according to my mother, I'm a c***. Yippee!!! *sarcastic glare*

I didn't know Sarah Jessica Parker went to movie theaters.

waschaffer 5

why do u think they don't sell carrots in theatres... to keep that horse face out

DabegotWorld 5
omg_a_BALLOON 0

Everyone goes to movie theaters you dumbass

purplefatmidget 0

146 I hope u ******* die it's a ******* joke you dumb shit bastard

You didn't know Sarah Jessica Parker, a film actor, watched movies? 200,000 sperm and you were the first one to the egg?

cradle6 13

187-You're not very perceptive. The joke is that Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a horse. (which is true anyway).

I think you've done well! Should be more like you. Think everyone in the cinema was well happy you threw her out.

tucansam555 3