By Sigh - 23/05/2009 05:50 - United States

Today, I decided to tell my mother what I thought about religion. I've been raised catholic. I told her I was converting to Wicca, to which she sort of nodded and walked away. I went into my room to study with my earbuds in, music loud. I walked out to see a cross nailed above my door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 980
You deserved it 34 839

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ZiggyMorrison 0

I sense a big theological debate in the works on this one any minute now oh and atleast she didnt throw holy water on you screaming THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU!!!!!!!!!

#14: I judge all religion as bad for society, but there are some that are worse than others. #11: Google's your friend, but it's one of the Pagan religions, based around peace with nature and all living things. Its beliefs including never harming any living being except for food or self defense and the "Rule of Three" which states that if you hurt someone, you'll get hurt back three times as bad (and likewise, if you do good, good will come to you three times as strong). As far as religions go, it's probably one of the best out there.

Comments

#14: I judge all religion as bad for society, but there are some that are worse than others. #11: Google's your friend, but it's one of the Pagan religions, based around peace with nature and all living things. Its beliefs including never harming any living being except for food or self defense and the "Rule of Three" which states that if you hurt someone, you'll get hurt back three times as bad (and likewise, if you do good, good will come to you three times as strong). As far as religions go, it's probably one of the best out there.

kneegrow143 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If you're not catholic anymore, why would you bother if there is a cross above your door? It means only that you have a caring mother... I don't know wicca though, maybe a cross is compelling the magical spirits? I think it isn't.

I hate it when people assume Catholics are the worse about religious tolerance. Having been born and raised a Catholic myself, I've never come across intolerant or pushy ones (also, I live in a predominantly Catholic country). Some Christians, on the other hand, will shove heir beliefs in your face and piss you off to no end. YDI, because more likely than not you chose Wicca because it's "cool".

Or, you know, they chose to be Wiccan because they identify with its values more than with Catholicism and, as a Catholic, you should just accept her differences and love her as yourself.

kcslgvr 11

#15 and the rest of you guys who are bashing the religion, shut the **** up. don't judge other religions just because of what you hear. if everyone was that way the world would fall apart. so to everyone who says that certain religions are stupid get off the damn computer and see that its 2009. we don't accept that anymore.

All you haters need to grow up a little. Wicca's a legit religion and a hell of a lot better than most. Yes, I mean you, #23 (AND everyone else doing the same thing). Stay strong and be proud. Blessed Be.

#3(and everyone else insulting any religion) you are an idiot...! I'm catholic and I have friends that aren't catholic and I don't care... so shut up and don't talk like all catholics are like that...

kneegrow143 0

... No, I still stand by my belief that religions like Wiccan only exist because they cater to the belief of "misunderstood" angsty rebellious teenagers. When this child grows up, if he does, he'll realize one day that what hes doing is retarded and only does it out of rebellion of his probably over-zealous religious parents.