By Sigh - 23/05/2009 05:50 - United States

Today, I decided to tell my mother what I thought about religion. I've been raised catholic. I told her I was converting to Wicca, to which she sort of nodded and walked away. I went into my room to study with my earbuds in, music loud. I walked out to see a cross nailed above my door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 980
You deserved it 34 839

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ZiggyMorrison 0

I sense a big theological debate in the works on this one any minute now oh and atleast she didnt throw holy water on you screaming THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU!!!!!!!!!

#14: I judge all religion as bad for society, but there are some that are worse than others. #11: Google's your friend, but it's one of the Pagan religions, based around peace with nature and all living things. Its beliefs including never harming any living being except for food or self defense and the "Rule of Three" which states that if you hurt someone, you'll get hurt back three times as bad (and likewise, if you do good, good will come to you three times as strong). As far as religions go, it's probably one of the best out there.

Comments

I would have taken the same cross, and nailed it on her door, upside down.

Wicca and paganism have been around longer than catholocism, so reading comments like "Wicca only exists because of angsty teenagers" makes me lol.

teezz1916 0

Turn the cross upside down and watch her flip.

Legit religion is a bit of an oxymoron. Let alone applying it to a religion that believes they have magical powers. Wicca has not been around longer than Christianity (not that it would give it any credibility if it had), but was invented in the 1950's for angsty teenagers. Does anyone know a wiccan who isn't an angsty teenager?

I would have to say that not only is your mother disrespectful of your beliefs, but she is a bitch. If she can't respect your beliefs, then you have no reason to respect hers. Take the cross down, and when you move out, don't speak to her. Also for everyone saying that Wicca is just for angsty teenagers, get some respect because you are acting like condescending fools. Just because she chose paganism over the other religions doesn't make her more "Wrong".

Don't condemn religion, condemn the people everyone going on about how religion is stupid and which reliigions specifically have never even read the holy books. You judge a religion by a book a lot of "religious" people don't even follow the books like how they should be followed

You are a mental-case, and so is your mother. I am an atheist, but you are just retarded. Please don't cast a spell on me now!

AntiChrist7 0

Wicca is even more retarted than any other faith. It isn't even a faith, it's a harry potter rip off. YDI