By Sigh - 23/05/2009 05:50 - United States

Today, I decided to tell my mother what I thought about religion. I've been raised catholic. I told her I was converting to Wicca, to which she sort of nodded and walked away. I went into my room to study with my earbuds in, music loud. I walked out to see a cross nailed above my door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 980
You deserved it 34 839

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ZiggyMorrison 0

I sense a big theological debate in the works on this one any minute now oh and atleast she didnt throw holy water on you screaming THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU!!!!!!!!!

#14: I judge all religion as bad for society, but there are some that are worse than others. #11: Google's your friend, but it's one of the Pagan religions, based around peace with nature and all living things. Its beliefs including never harming any living being except for food or self defense and the "Rule of Three" which states that if you hurt someone, you'll get hurt back three times as bad (and likewise, if you do good, good will come to you three times as strong). As far as religions go, it's probably one of the best out there.

Comments

tick_tock 0

I think it is really comical that people are like "Catholics suck, they are so intolerant" and then make fun of them. You make yourself sound so tolerant and accepting. Or I suppose you are only tolerant to religions that aren't Christianity. Got it. Furthermore, I'm a converted Catholic and I haven't met a single intolerant Catholic, although I'm sure there are some. However, that is the case in any religion. If you want to see a religion that is intolerant in its very nature why don't you look up the Westboro Baptist Church.

ZiggyMorrison 0

If your not being rebellous and actually looked into the religion and are being legit about it than dont mind what these ******* are saying it is in fact one of the most peaceful religions out there If you guys think the concept is stupid try actually reading about you dumb *****, there moral code is far superior and more logical to any catholics one everything is explaind

Agree with #15 and #38 And #43, actually.

ringles 0

You'll grow out of this phase and then look back and laugh: 'Wicca, what the hell was I thinking. God, I was an idiot!' Until then...Happy Pentagraming! Honestly though, nobody takes wiccan followers seriously.

awesomeperson 0

#38-wicca is a religion, not a fad and its been around since wayyy before christianity and people have been practicing it for thousands of years. the emo thing is an extremely off stereotype. and that really sucks. im sorry. dont let it get in your way

"Wicca is a legit religion." Sure, the same way saaaay, Scientology is a legit religion. (as a side note, Firefox's spellcheck did NOT recognize "Wicca" or "Wiccan" but DID recognize Scientology, so according to those folk Scientology is more legit than Wicca).

Cilletron 0

Ohh, #42! You almost got it. Dont worry, there's always next time. =P

As an agnostic who was raised Catholic, I know it really sucks when your parents don't accept your beliefs and try to get you to convert. And for everyone who's saying Wicca is stupid, please just shut up. It's not your place to judge anyone else's religion.