By hannamacintosh - 07/07/2016 18:37 - Canada - Mississauga

Today, I finally decided to accept a date proposal from a guy who's had a crush on me for years. I got into his car, and it smelled strongly of my middle school perfume. I went into his bedroom and saw my middle school class photos hanging everywhere. Let's just say I ran home that night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 233
You deserved it 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm surprised there wasn't a shrine! Well maybe there was but you just didn't look hard enough.

I've heard people say that middle school is the time of your life but this is ridiculous... I hope you're okay OP!

Comments

I'm surprised there wasn't a shrine! Well maybe there was but you just didn't look hard enough.

She had to look into the closet to find the shrine molded in her likeness from her used chewing gum.

Not creepy if it's a tasteful one. You know, with just one poster and a few candles (referring to the stalker in ME series).

I've heard people say that middle school is the time of your life but this is ridiculous... I hope you're okay OP!

Middle school is the worst time of your life, hah. Makes it creepy that he obsessed the most on her awkward adolescent phase.

Hahaha awkwardness definitely, but it was a simpler time back then... part of me wishes I could go back if it weren't for puberty. But the ability to be a kid when you wanted and grown up when you wanted is definitely appealing, much better than always having to be a grown up...

skyttlz 32

I miss my middle school days. Back when the most drama in my life was my "friends" thinking I was weird. No living situation or work or relationship woes.

Middle school sucked. You were old enough to do a ton of work but young enough to get treated like shit.

Let's look at the positives OP! At least you escaped and didn't end up in a shed in his backyard..

When you're young and really into someone, what seems like creepy to others can just be his way of showing devotion. Overbearing maybe, but not generally malicious. Hormones make you do weird stuff in those years. Unless we're talking like this is a 25 yr old guy obsessing over pics of a 13 yr old girl, then we're into mental illness territory.

I don't know what kind of teenagers you know but if that's normal to them, they need therapy. Even with hormones. Hormones mess you up, okay, but if you're a normal human they don't turn you into a psychopath. Obsessing that way over someone is not normal nor healthy, no matter the age.

The furthest most teenagers go in obsessing over someone is social media stalking, which most people have probably done at one point.

I'm wondering why he only has you middle school photos; I feel like any good stalker would be more updated!

He's creepier than Helga from Hey Arnold.

Why would you go into his house much less his bedroom? Esp after noticing your middle-school perfume?

mariri9206 32

I'm wondering the exact same thing.

The perfume could have been a coincidence