By prisym - 30/08/2017 13:00

Today, I found the $3,200 engagement ring I dropped in my yard. I ran over it with my lawnmower. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 381
You deserved it 791

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it was a legitimate diamond, it should still be in one piece. If it wasn't...well...

That sucks but you shoulda been more careful if you knew you lost it there, especially since it's that expensive

Comments

That sucks but you shoulda been more careful if you knew you lost it there, especially since it's that expensive

Having to repair a mangled ring is still better than losing a $3200 one. This story would be so ironic if you were cutting a baseball diamond in your yard.

If it was a legitimate diamond, it should still be in one piece. If it wasn't...well...

Not exactly. If the spinning mower blade strikes the diamond at a high speed along a cleavage plane, the diamond can get cut.

Mr. Science says no lawnmower blade can split or chip a diamond at any speed. The diamond would just bounce off laughing back into the grass ?

Well at least you found it ... the diamonds will be fine.

DreadGravity 10

Actually while most people believe that the diamond is the strongest material on earth, it really is referring to how scratch resistant it is and how easily it damages other objects. In reality, diamonds can break rather easily, even with the strike of a hammer.

At least it wasn't a high-end name brand one. I hope the diamonds survived so you can replace the rest of the ring fairly cheaply.

Am I the only one wondering why someone would start to mow the lawn knowing there's an expensive engagement ring lost in it?

There's this thing that you can buy to find metal objects it called a metal detector, why didn't you buy one If you knew or suspected the ring to be lost In the back yard.

What kind of person is not careful with such expensive ring?