By Noname - 28/01/2009 11:03 - United States

Today, I gathered the courage to participate in a class discussion. My professor laughed at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 763
You deserved it 2 655

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jeannicole 0

I had a teacher who would get frustrated that no one would participate in class, but every time anyone spoke, he would make fun of how wrong/stupid our answers were. Even when the question was regarding our own opinions. I wonder why no one wanted to speak...

Don't sweat it. Just do what you feel comfortable doing - whether that's participating or keeping quiet. I'm one of the 'quiet' people in class; it's not because I'm shy, I just prefer to think in my head to thinking out loud.

Comments

CptJackSwallows 0

I love the epic movie username reference. :)

Don't sweat it. Just do what you feel comfortable doing - whether that's participating or keeping quiet. I'm one of the 'quiet' people in class; it's not because I'm shy, I just prefer to think in my head to thinking out loud.

This happened to me, except I opened up about a subject somewhat painful to me, and instead of the professor, the entire class laughed at me. I felt bad for days.

Could be worse; I used to be one of the only folks who spoke in my english class, and about seventy percent of the time I was wrong- often before I could finish my sentence, sometimes before I could finish my first word. The teacher didn't (doesn't) like me. Then I decided to stop giving her the perverse pleasure of telling me that I'm wrong every day, and stopped raising my hand. Now she calls on me when my hand isn't raised, and says that I look like I want to read/answer/whatever.

shyeahh_fml 19

That's how my English teacher was last year. Everyone likes him though, they don't see that he's just a bully. He never did that to me, but I hate him because he did it to so many people. Plus he's just a terrible teacher.

It's probably because you're dumb. Work on that.

Dickman16 0

I agree with # 9 and stop being a biatchh nd grow some balls!!

jeannicole 0

I had a teacher who would get frustrated that no one would participate in class, but every time anyone spoke, he would make fun of how wrong/stupid our answers were. Even when the question was regarding our own opinions. I wonder why no one wanted to speak...

Aerobaby37 4

I'm in 10th grade, and I hate talking during discussions, but I do anyways to get my points. I participate every ******* day and the teacher gives me and a lot of my friends 7/10. She plays favorites. I'm saying something to when I go back to school after my long weekend