By dumbfounded - 08/05/2016 12:14 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I had to calm down an angry customer who claimed one of my employees had "traumatized" her dog. Apparently her dog is really OCD and my employee didn't line up the dog bed at the right angle. She threatened to report us to the BBB. How do these morons even exist? FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 260
You deserved it 1 359

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Please ask her to define OCD to the supervisor, and when she can't even say what the disorder means it will severely help your case.

My roommate's dog will take a toy, place it in or next to his food dish, and won't eat until you throw the toy. Then he will eat one piece, retrieve the toy, lather rinse repeat. If you don't throw it, he will just whine and whine and whine. If that's not OCD, I don't know what is.

Comments

Please ask her to define OCD to the supervisor, and when she can't even say what the disorder means it will severely help your case.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

It pisses me off so bad when morons like her claim that they or someone they know (or in this case, their dog) have OCD but think that it's liking things neat and tidy without understanding that is about having compulsions where you feel like if you don't do something (like flicking a light switch off an exact number of times before leaving a room) you will die (or at least, that's how it's been described to me by people who actually have OCD, correct me if I'm wrong) and it's not "that thing wasn't in the right spot and it upset me"

It's not always that you will die, just that something terrible will happen.

Dogs have OCD? Yeah, I don't buy that one.

danceinconverse 25

Animals cal actually have mental disorders. I think it would be weirder if humans were the only species to have them. That wouldn't make logical sense.

Mathalamus 24

i have never seen an animal that has an OCD as a possible mental illness. well, except us humans.

My roommate's dog will take a toy, place it in or next to his food dish, and won't eat until you throw the toy. Then he will eat one piece, retrieve the toy, lather rinse repeat. If you don't throw it, he will just whine and whine and whine. If that's not OCD, I don't know what is.

That can actually kill the dog if his stomach turns...

SilverInGray 25

My friend had a dog that had ocd. The vet recommended some ways to work with her, and Xanax to give her when she got extra anxious.

Mathalamus 24

well, i stand corrected, then. didn't even know it was possible... sorry.

OneOnJuanAction 22

You're smart? Yeah, I don't buy that one either.

redlizzybeth 25

Funny enough dogs can have OCD, but it usually as a result of severe training from an owner. I had a dog that would move the dog bed back every time I moved it to under the desk. He would also take all of his toys outside and cry at the back door if he couldn't get them out. He would stack them neatly in the hose box. The vet said this was doggy OCD but probably severe training from his previous owner. She wouldn't be able to tell if it was from the bed being not lined up though. If the dog is upset it is from being in a kennel with unknown people like others have pointed out.

Awe, I think that's sweet how she cares about her dog's wants. However, thus sounds like one of those people who like to take things way to hard and think THEY are always right... Don't mind her, if the BBB can't see how silly this complaint is then take legal action or whatever.

what she *thinks* her dog wants. she can't know if the dog actually wants a bad at a certain angle... she's not sweet, she's entitled and deluded.

Maybe she is, but atleast she is one person who cares about treating animals equally.

Yeah she cares that her dog gets treated more equal than the others

You know who the real OCD creature is - the owner - probably trained her dog to be that way too.

I'm sure OP took good care of him, but maybe the dog is "traumatized" because he was kenneled with a bunch of strangers, not because of the angle of his bed.

That's retail for you. It's best to laugh at the shitty customers when they leave than take them seriously and what they say personally. They're usually just shitty people and it has nothing to do with you.

Go ahead and report to the BBB. Hardly anyone relies on them for business reviews or referrals anymore.

Shalnar 6

Completely lost...who, what, why?

Wow OP, I would explain to whoever questions you about it what actually happened. There can't be any way you can get in trouble for what you did, as it isn't even a mistake. Best of luck in the situation!