By yapDogs - 10/05/2015 01:43 - United States - Fort Myers

Today, I sent a $120 bouquet of flowers for mother's day. When I called tonight see if my Mom got them, she replied that they were still on the doorstep because she "didn't want the dogs to get excited and start barking" when she opened the front door to bring them in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 857
You deserved it 2 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go get them from the doorstep and give them to somebody who will actually appreciate them.

You should "arrange" to get them delivered to a retirement home where they will be appreciated

Comments

From next year, don't even get her anything. If she asks you about it just remind her about this situation.

At least you know not to spend 120 dollars on flowers now...

You mean, for OP not to spend $120 on their mother.

You remembered Mother's Day that's what counts. Too bad she didn't appreciate the gift.

So I'm guessing there is a multitude of packages gathered at her door because she never opens it.

Woah. In surprised this isn't all YDI for not delivering the flowers yourself. FYL OP, that's pretty sad.

OP might not even live in the same country as their mother, making it impossible for them to come back

Time ran out before I could edit my comment: I agree it is pretty sad that the mother acted that way. For those who voted YDI, they might not have taken into account that OP lives in another state, on the other side of the country or the world and couldn't come back for Mother's Day

saffy66 34

Maybe they live too far apart for a DIY delivery.

Well I'm kinda on her side on this one. What if the dogs are already barking too much and she doesn't want to push it?

rdenkewicz 11

Then she could have brought the flowers around to the backdoor.

Then she needs to train the dogs to shut the hell up. Just because they're dogs and dogs bark doesn't mean they can't be trained or taught to stop.

meikaze 9

Does nobody else think that that is too much to spend on flowers? That's kind of ridiculous. Either way FYL, and I hope you both learned something.

My thoughts exactly. I'd understand if it was an exotic plant with a nice flowerpot, but to me it's definitely too much for a bouquet that's going to die within a few days.

Thank you, I was looking for this comment. $120 for a bouquet? How do you even gather $120 worth of flowers in one bouquet? And if you have that much to spend on Mother's Day, why don't you spend it on something you know your mother will love? I'm guessing by her reaction that she's not very much into cut flowers...

Last time for being nice to a cluless nut case.

well, I guess you can reduce your budget next year