By aspiemeanswell - 05/11/2014 18:49 - Germany - Rudolstadt

Today, my boyfriend gushed for several minutes about how amazing it is that I suddenly look hot when he takes his glasses off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 810
You deserved it 3 306

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

At first I read the FML that OP's boyfriend realised how hot she was after putting the glasses on.. Then I realised it was when he took them off. Shame on him! Calling him a c*nt is a bit harsh though..

18 I though the same thing until I re-read it . And yea **** is a little aggressive, more like a dingle berry. Who says that to their girlfriend? (Rhetorical) you think he'd have a little more brains and class then to insult the person he's dating.

xxBFMVAAMIWxx 18

Straight to the point #1, I like it

Isn't calling him a **** like calling him a pussy?

What her boyfriend said to her was harsh.

Take pride in your sudden increase in desirability, OP.

Tell him to hand over his glasses so you could try and find his penis :)

or so you could find someone who Cares.

blahblah5743794 19

That's a confidence booster of a boyfriend you've got there

Nathan_h24 17

Maybe he's just stupid and that wasnt even his intention

I'm gonna agree with #14 and say he's just pretty stupid.

Ha. He actually was neging his girlfriend. What an amateur, she was probably sober and confident .

The OP's name is "aspiemeanswell". The BF might have Aspberger's and not understand the social cues that what he said was wrong.

#36 - Good point. Way to pay attention to detail :) I never would've thought of that.

I thought she was referring to herself but it's also possible she was referring to her boyfriend as well. Actually it would probably make more sense since Aspergers is much more common in males than females and the FML is about the boyfriend. Her username is like me, I mean well but I'll often say or do something annoying or offensive without meaning to.

Your boyfriend definitely knows what girls want to hear

Assuming you don't wear or need glasses, take his and put them on and tell him the same thing.

upallnight11 19

I find myself downvoting every single one of your comments lmao

that's ok. lol. like my description says. I'm funny to myself.

As someone with bad vision I find this boyfriend of yours amazingly rude.. When you take your glasses off, nothing looks pretty. It all kinda mushed into a blur of moving featureless blobs of colour. Basically, he's an asshole.

I actually like to be without my contact lenses. With glasses/lenses on you suddenly see all the ugly details of everything.

Well, considering OP's username, the boyfriend probably has Aspergers and is a sweet guy who means well but genuinely doesn't know any different. He probably also doesn't recognize that OP is offended or at least doesn't understand why she's upset. He

I have glasses and whenever I look in the mirror, I'm never sure if I look ugly with glasses or glasses allow me to see how ugly I really am. Lol

I feel you. Sometimes I feel like I might be ugly because of my glasses, but maybe I'm just ugly in general.

I feel the same way! I try to avoid every mirror when I'm wearing my glasses. I truly hate them.

17, I've switched between glasses and contacts enough to know that it's not the glasses' fault in my case. :p

I feel the same way! Only I don't wear glasses...

Has someone been watching "Married with Children?"