By Anonymous - 31/07/2014 16:24 - United States - Dallas

Today, my son said his first word. Unfortunately, that word was "cock." I've tried convincing myself that he's trying to say "clock" but I just can't do it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 237
You deserved it 7 763

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#11: And the classics weren't? Beauty and the Beast: Stockholm syndrome. The Lion King: murder your brother and marry his wife. AKA: Hamlet. The Little Mermaid: mutilating your body and changing to get the man of your dreams. Aladdin: steal stuff. Sleeping Beauty: don't become a seamstress. Also, necrophilia fixes everything. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves: because sleeping with seven men is sooo innocent. Alice in Wonderland: this is what being under the influence of drugs looks like, kids. And so on and so forth. Probably why I love the classic Disney films.

Comments

He hasn't been watching Top Gear clips featuring James May, has he?

When my son was little he always pronounced truck that way. We'd be eating at a restaurant and a big truck would drive by and out of the blue he yells **** as loud as he can. Funny but embarrassing.

If thats the first word then Grade A parenting skills from you, your other half or both! Great job (And yes haters, although the kid may have heard it on tv the kid should still have enough contact with people who know better than to curse around a small child to have different first words)

That is a ridiculous statement. Could it maybe just be that the child had trouble pronouncing? I had to go to speech therapy as I had real trouble pronouncing certain vowels and consonants. By the way I turned out perfectly fine... highly educated, well mannered, respectful, polite etc. To instantly say that they are bad parents because of this is insane, like another commenter said, they easily could have been trying to pronounce clock! I'm sure you are perfect when you are being so judgemental towards others.

DanielleD93 16

Well **** is another word for chicken, try thinking of it that way

I call bull. Children say words like mamma and dads because the sounds are formed on the lips so they mimic those words first **** comes from the movement of the tongue...

My first word was **** and I was honestly trying to say clock. Same with my brother. Just accept that kids will try to say whatever you try to get them to say. If they were exposed to the word 'clock' a lot, they may have just had difficulty pronouncing the l. :P