By Anonymous - 23/05/2013 13:45 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, one of my closest friends informed me that she wasn't going to invite me to her wedding, because I'm too shy and not enough fun, and she doesn't want her 200 or so guests to feel uncomfortable. I was the one who set the happy couple up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 614
You deserved it 4 306

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nightowl713 25

I know it hurts, but I wouldn't go even if she change her mind. She obviously doesn't consider you as close a friend, as you do her.

This ungrateful friend doesn't deserve to have you at the wedding.

Comments

U did good for someone, just think of it as if u were out if town, would help u to keep u guys close

bvbarmy4ever 12

I know this will probably make me sound like an asshole but if I were u I would've went and crashed her wedding if she didn't invite me

what a bitch! at least you know how "close" you are. good luck on finding another "closest friend", a real one.

I'm sorry to hear that a close friend did that to you. I know that hurts. However I would like to make a comment on the brides POV. I personally have a friend that I HATE having to take anywhere I want to have fun. Now this girl is my best friend and I love her to death but she is the biggest buzzkillington. She sits in the corner complaining the entire time she's bored (while tweeting about the badass party she is at) she gets mad if anyone talks to her or jokes around. If you're like that I'd prolly not bring you either. Or maybe she feels she has to babysit you when you go places to make sure you are having fun. Weddings are all about the bride so maybe she doesn't want that stress.

missalice0306 19

Does this really justify not inviting her to a wedding because she could potentially bore 200 people (which is a bullsh-t excuse imo)? Weddings aren't just about the party-it's seeing someone you care about beginning a new life with their spouse and supporting them. The fact that the bride doesn't want the OP there speaks more about how little she means to her.

Talk about a slap to the face. Crash that wedding OP.

marry me, we should get married the same day and throw a super party with some celebrities as guests lol

SynysterNero 20

I don't think she's a very good friend in that case. Looks like you need to drop her for better friends.

That's not a real friend. I am so shy and awkward and my friends still invite me to everything.