By genderless - 17/10/2016 19:34 - South Africa - Pretoria

Today, the person I was seeing asked to be just friends. A few hours later, they tried to talk me into having sex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 220
You deserved it 1 284

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"As much as I appreciate the offer, would you mind doing it yourself? You know, like, go **** yourself."

that's when you calmly explain to them that you're just friends now. Do it with a smile so it's insulting, since they insulted you with that bs

Comments

Cow_Girl_Lilly 24

You can find someone better OP!! Someone who won't want you for sex... Unless that's what you want.

Seriously? maybe you should reread the FML again.

that's when you calmly explain to them that you're just friends now. Do it with a smile so it's insulting, since they insulted you with that bs

And if you want to rub extra salt into the wound, you ask him to set you up with his good-looking friend since that's what friends do for each other.

"As much as I appreciate the offer, would you mind doing it yourself? You know, like, go **** yourself."

The OP does not wish to identify the gender of the ex or of themself. In the case, they is used as a singular, instead of plural.

No. If you find such a simple thing "confusing and stupid", I think you're in need of the mental workout. No pain, no gain.

I meant they as in there were multiple people asking OP

@31 Everybody knows what you meant, and that's why you're getting flak for it. Taken in context, the form of "they" being used was crystal clear.

All the sex, none of the commitment. Nice work if you can get it.

polsen4273 8
TheyCallMeDamien 17

You dodged a bullet. Be thankful.

Darkreign333 23

I hope you said no because you didn't want to ruin the friendship.

"THEY tried to talk me into having sex"?!?

Yeah... you know, "they", a common pronoun used to refer to a person of unspecified sex?

English is such a frustrating language when it comes to unspecified genders.

I mean at least your not with him anymore seems like a douche

OP used "the person I was seeing" and 'they". OP also has a username of "genderless". So we can't assume it's a 'him'.