Cheap

By Nator - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, this guy took me to Denny's on a first date and used a 2-for-1 coupon. It was expired. I paid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 755
You deserved it 5 265

Top comments

jkqd 1

Oh my god this girl had to PAY FOR HER OWN MEAL!????? When there was a MALE human present!?!!?!?!? Obviously since she has a ****** she is owed free food by any man unlucky enough to spend time with her in a restaurant. Count yourself lucky for finding a date.

Okay, for everyone who thinks, "Oh, well, women need to learn to pay, too". That is NOT the point. The point is that HE invited her and HE took her out. If it had been her idea, it would have been a different story, but if he invited her, he's expected to pay. I mean, sure, I've taken my boyfriend out for dinner quite a few times (One time I had about $150 to spend on him), but if he says he's taking me out, that means he's paying, so I don't have to worry about it. Something like that happened to my cousin, except it was with her dad and his fiance. My cousin's dad invited her and her boyfriend out to dinner to Red Lobster. My cousin's dad and fiance got drunk and ate a bunch of food, then said they didn't have any money, and left.

Comments

Rawrrr14 0

I don't see how this is bad. The guy took you out on a date, and thought he was going to pay, but realized that his plan to pay wouldn't work out. What happened to "It's the thought that counts"? No offense, but I find it pretty bitchy to complain about a guy trying to treat you well. So what if you had to pay? There's no law that says guys ALWAYS have to pay, and like I said, he tried to. Sounds like you don't deserve him.

Its that he tried to use a coupon to pay for their food, as well as that he invited her and then made her pay. if it was understood that she would pay for herself from the neginning, it wouldn't be an issue, but he obviously said he would pay for her , or she wouldve been expecting to pay in the first place.

agree with #9 and #41. "Today, I had to do the same thing I've been making men do my whole life. FML." How bout his post? "Today, I found out this girl was only going out with me because she's a money-hungry ***** in search of a free meal. FML"

88sforlife 0
Kamashii 0

Oh no you had to pay, what is happening to the world when a women has to pay for something! Have a ******* cry and get on with your life, imo the guy shouldnt even bother with you.

mrmerino 0

why do people continue to date these people?

it seems to me that she is more upset about the fact that he expected her to pay for him. so for all the people that are ragging on girls who expect guys to pay for a meal, have you ever heard of double standards bitches??

Im sorry but big deal. Sure that's irritating for you but really, it's not the end of the world.