By Anonymous - 09/06/2017 21:00 - Argentina

Today, I'm mourning the rabbit I've had since I was a child. I adopted him just after he was born and we've been very attached ever since. When I came home from school, I could smell a what I thought was a chicken roasting in the oven. But after I finished my dinner plate, my parents asked me if I had liked the rabbit. Yep, my rabbit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 238
You deserved it 388

Top comments

Whispra 5

What the hell is wrong with your family?

I'm so sorry, dude. When my mom and my aunts were all kids, my great aunt did this exact same kind of thing to them. I'll bet they are just as horrified as you were.

Comments

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOUR SERIAL KILLER FAMILY???!!!!!!

daniel95 11

oh hell to the NO. i would fry/cook shit and have them eat it. then say how was my shit NO JOKE...

Mojayokok 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You've obviously never heard the stories about parents cooking their children's pet chickens then, have you?

itsameeeekatrino 5

my grandpa did the exact same thing to my mom, only difference was that it was made into soup

Your parents are horror movie level psycho. Run. Run away fast. They're probably going to feed you people meat next.

It's eating rabbits common in Argentina? No one's seems to be asking this. Also rabbits are I think not common pets so to not know it was your pet was.. Far reaching at best

AGiftForAnya 8

Rabbits are very popular pets

Eating rabbit is common in general. Personally I don't like it but I remember my family cooking up a rabbit stew at least once a month when we lived in Newfoundland. I live in Alberta now and good wild rabbit is harder to find due to their diet but for a lot of the people I know it is like a delicacy.

I've had rabbit. It's quite tasty. That said, if you want rabbit, you go to a market that sells exotic meats and buy one, or you raise them explicitly for food and discourage bonding with them. You don't kill and eat your child's pet, that is seriously effed up.

independent minded 3

The family of the OP clearly knew that the rabbit that they killed and cooked up for dinner, which is what's so inexcusably and shockingly horrific about this whole thing.

independent minded 3

I've also eaten rabbit and found it succulently tasty. But it wasn't somebody's pet that was killed, cooked and eaten. It was in a hotel restaurant. The fact that anybody could/would kill and cook somebody's cherished pet for dinner is beyond reprehensible and disgusting....it's criminal, to boot.

lukcy_basartd 11

just thinking about my beloved animal friend..So so sorry OP. There's no proper way to handle this, what doesn't kill you will leave a scar. Just get out of there and don't let this stop you from adopting animals. A lot of em need good people like you.

It happened to us as kids too. I was brought up on a farm and we used to rear the orphaned lambs until they were old enough to go to the back paddock. it was only when I was older that I discovered 'the back paddock' meant dinner plate or market. I understand your feelings.

Mine were the same. Pet rabbits were slaughtered and eaten. At 5, I had to help hold the chickens so dad could chop their heads off. We had a calf that I played with as a child, and one day ma announced we were eating it. It was a brutally honest childhood about life and death.

please tell me you're kidding?! that's awful. I'm so sorry OP

AGiftForAnya 8

Het was eerste kerstdag 1961, ik weet het nog zo goed. Het konijnenhok was leeg.