By SquishFish - 17/08/2012 04:08 - United States - Westport

Today, my boyfriend was coming home after a month of being away. When I heard him knock on the door, I rushed to open it and jumped into his arms for a hug. It wasn't him; it was the mailman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 810
You deserved it 7 673

SquishFish tells us more.

Haha I'm OP. Well our door is solid so i couldn't see him. He was supposed to be there soon, so naturally I thought it was him. The mailman looked flustered for a moment (he was an awesome old guy) and then he smiled saying "Wow someone is excited about getting the mail!"

Top comments

Comments

Haha! How awkward... Oh well, maybe he needed a hug really bad! So bad he was about to kill himself but you saved his life! Think positive! :D

Count your lucky stars your boyfriend wasn't seconds behind to witness you in the arms of your postman! . . . (That always rings twice)

I've noticed that everyone that has asked "What does OP mean?" has submitted an FML at one point or another. Is there any way that the-- FML team could make it clearer what it means so that I don't have to feel like slitting my wrist everytime I read the same question over and over and over! Example: (instead of Author/Nick name) it says-- "Original Poster (OP)":[ blank blank] It's "How to Save a Life".

Reconsider it, Didi! I'm sure you're tired of seeing that same question more than I am. :P

Maybe your boyfriend was dressed like a mailman and wanted to spice up the romance by bringing you two packages ;)

Haha I'm OP. Well our door is solid so i couldn't see him. He was supposed to be there soon, so naturally I thought it was him. The mailman looked flustered for a moment (he was an awesome old guy) and then he smiled saying "Wow someone is excited about getting the mail!"

DrownedMyFish 18

And after he said that did he say "It's time time to deliver the package" and wink at you?

You got to make two guys happy on the same day, without cheating. Way to go! Not often is a YDI good karma.

Chris20003 17

lol that is awesome, atleast the mailman was cool about it.

I had an awesome oldish mailman back in the UK. He would allow me and my brother help out with his route.

BunBunBabe 8

Lucky mail man, awkward though.. Hopefully you didn't have to both stand there in silence while he made you sign for a package or something.

Whistlee 8