By wormsmeat - 17/09/2015 21:08 - Canada - Kingston

Today, my dog vomited a writhing mass of maggots. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever smelled, and I was baffled as to where she found a maggot infested dead thing to eat. Baffled, until my mom reminded me that my cat has been missing, presumed dead, for over a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 034
You deserved it 1 767

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chill99 15

This is one of the saddest and most disgusting things I've read on this site. I'm sorry and FYL, OP.

exoticDeath 20

Sorry for your loss but you might want to take your pet to the vet ASAP before you lose another :/ good luck op!

Comments

Feed your ******* dog everyday with the right amount of food to prevent them from eating rotting corpses. Problem solved.

I can't imagine how horrible that sight or smell must have been. FYL

Congratulations, I think this is the most horrifying FML I've ever read.

"today I was surprised when my dog ate something gross" if you're not into that, probably shouldn't own a dog

Gross. I think I've lost my appetite for about a week.

I really hope your cat is just on an adventure somewhere in the area. My cats have gone missing for great lengths of time on a few occasions. (They're spayed, so it wasn't that.) I'd chat up the neighbors and ask them to check their sheds, garages, porches, etc. Call around at night when noises are easily heard and cats are most often awake. Some cats simply love to explore and disappear for a while. Others have been known to pick multiple residences to live at. My oldest cat treats the neighbors like McDonald's and goes out to eat at their place! You just never know, but I'm hoping things turn out for the better for you and your cat.

I wonder if the dog played a part in the cat's death or just the dog happened upon the cat's corpse one day and thought "hey, a free meal!"

msmedieval 11

Not every dog does disgusting things, mine is ridiculously iffy, won't touch anything "dirty" or break or ruin stuff. Every dog is different, & every breed has different characteristics.