By LiLMAMA0523 - 21/01/2016 14:02 - United States - Royersford

Today, two teen girls got into a shouting match at the table next to mine at the food court. Sensing a fight brewing, I got up to leave. I stood up just in time for one of the girls to throw her tray, which missed her target and hit me in the head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 066
You deserved it 1 613

LiLMAMA0523 tells us more.

LiLMAMA0523 35

OP here! This actually happened to me sometime last year when I worked at an outlet. I ran into the first girl awhile back (who works at a store there) while shopping and we were laughing about it. Basically these girls had been having some issues for awhile and the second girl (tray thrower) decided she and her "crew" would pay the girl a visit while she was working (stupid right?). We both happened to be on our lunch break at the time when the girls showed up. Initially they were just throwing insults at each other (which were pretty funny) but the first girl stood up and they were screaming at each other from across the table. At this point I was like okay I don't want any parts if they start swinging, so I stood up and attempted to walk away. The second girl picked up the food tray and threw it, but the girl either ducked or her aim was bad because I ended up getting hit. My initial reaction was shock which then switched to WTF lol. Both girls rushed over and were freaking out asking me if I was okay. Security was called by one of the food court managers and the girl and her crew were escorted out. I was asked if I wanted to file a report but to me it wasn't extreme enough to do so. I could tell the girl was already upset enough and adding to it wouldn't have made it better. I wasn't severely hurt either just a little bump behind my ear. The tray was hard plastic, but I had my hair in a bun so I think that kind of cushioned the impact. I think the funniest part was probably explaining to my manager why I was a little late coming back from break lol. If this had happened to anyone else I might not find it funny, but since it was me I managed to find the humor in it. I can now check "getting hit with a food tray" to my list of the WTF things that have happened to me lol.

Top comments

Is this the real life? Or a teen comedy? Caught in the food court. No escape from banality. Don't open your eyes. Duck under the fries and teeeaaa!

They had food fights in mind when they named it a food court. The professionals use tennis racquets.

Comments

mds9986 24

Prefect opportunity to start a food fight in a food court. You will never have this chance again. Shame.

They had food fights in mind when they named it a food court. The professionals use tennis racquets.

Well, on the positive side of things at least you can say you were right that a fight was brewing.

Is this the real life? Or a teen comedy? Caught in the food court. No escape from banality. Don't open your eyes. Duck under the fries and teeeaaa!

I definitely can't be the only one who read this in Freddie Mercury song style...

I honestly hate you, but that comment was damn good.

No, I was definitely singing this too. Brilliant comment!

That's it, #20, I'm calling off the engagement and giving the ring to #25!

I think this is the best comment I've ever read on this site! Hahahah

I'm just a poor OP, I need your sympathy. Whether mac and cheese, Or pizza to go. The tray flies high, or tray flies low. Thrown toward the Windows, but when I tried to run and fleeee, it hit me... .... Mama, just hit a man. Got the tray from which I fed, threw it hard and hit his head. Mama, lunch had just begun, But now I've gone and thrown it all away!

One of the best comments I've read and a clever song parody...are you secretly Weird Al?

Some of the food courts I've seen, getting hit with a tray is better than what happens from eating the food.

if they weren't already fighting....they'd be fighting now

Reason #31674 to stay away from shopping malls unless you are a) 14 years old, or b) employed at a store there. Nothing good happens to adults at shopping malls, ever.

Please share with us the other 31673 reasons to stay away from shopping malls.