Been There

By PeppermintPenny - 10/08/2017 20:00

Today, a coworker and I had our second date at my place. He wanted to show me pictures of himself in some club, where he had been a member in highschool. He started typing his name into the google search bar and it suggested his name from when I had googled him months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 715
You deserved it 1 431

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let's be honest here- Who, in the current dating era, hasn't Googled or otherwise lightly looked up info about a potential suitor?

It turns out he was in the Creepy Stalker Club, so the timing was perfect and you have found your match! You’ll probably have creepy kids who’ll regularly bust in “accidentally” when you two are having sex.

Comments

It turns out he was in the Creepy Stalker Club, so the timing was perfect and you have found your match! You’ll probably have creepy kids who’ll regularly bust in “accidentally” when you two are having sex.

That comment made me laugh! It was a club for building lego robots, so no creepy stalking (that I know of)

Let's be honest here- Who, in the current dating era, hasn't Googled or otherwise lightly looked up info about a potential suitor?

sammypooface 11

I haven't.. that's just creepy!

Chill. Not digging into anything like their whole life story, or address, or anything overly personal. Just a quick search to see if any immediate red flags pop up. I also would advocate for searching the sex/violent offender registry, too, out of an abundance of safety.

Yup. So it's okay OP, although I'm sure at the given moment it was pretty embarrassing!

At least now he knows you've been interested in him for awhile.

LaneBoy 12

That blows more rod than Tara Reid on a Friday night for sure!

Lobby_Bee 17

Laugh it off and say you were looking for him to add on Facebook? Passable excuse I think. Lol

ffc Squall 14

Shoulda cleared your search history...

Sometimes clearing your history doesn't clear out the google search history. My brother found that out the hard way.

Sorry but what is the problem? In the time of google you google anyone you date... that is like first check.

Oh my god, that's my second FML published! That took a while to get published, I wasn't even looking out for that anymore! The backstory: He's my colleague but when I started working there, we didn't talk often and were never properly introduced. When his name kept popping up in conversations with others and I still wasn't sure if they meant him, I decided to look up and see if there was a picture on our website. It was dumb of me to google his name instead of searching it on our website but that was just quicker. It was of no use after all, because there was no picture. That was almost a year ago. Now we share an office (with two others), but work on different projects. I found him cute from the beginning and I noticed that he liked to have me around but I'm the only woman in the department so I wrote it off to that being the only reason. To my surprise he started to express interest a few months ago and we started texting. At our second date (we were baking a cake at my place) he started googling his name and I noticed the suggestion below. My first thought was "How does google know that?" and the second "Oh shiiiit". I'm sure he noticed it, but he didn't comment. He only leered at my for a second and I might have only imagined that. I was so embarrassed although I'm sure he took it as a compliment. I'm still unsure on whether it goes anywhere or not (we're both pretty busy and only had one more date so far) but we'll keep dating and see where it goes. Thanks for all the comments!