Besties for life

By no cake for me - 07/11/2012 07:31 - United States - Jackson Heights

Today, my best friend told me that I wasn't invited to her wedding, saying that I was too pretty and that I would outshine her at the ceremony. I laughed and said that she was being ridiculous. She eventually confessed the real reason why I wasn't invited: apparently I'm an annoying bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 849
You deserved it 26 036

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Obviously you aren't her best friend then! Tough luck OP

Yes, destroy what may be the most important day of that girl's life. Fantastic idea. You should get a Nobel prize for that.

Comments

sugarshane007 20

Damn, that is a tough break. I feel though that we don't have the entire story, but this move was completely out of left field it seems. Just move on and find a new best friend, because obviously this one cannot be up front and honest with you.

feldco1 17

Everyone deserves cake! At my aunts wedding they forgot to pass out the cake

Maybe it was easier to call you an annoying bitch than admit that you actually would outshine her. Jealousy makes you nasty :) I wouldn't take it personally.

cutiepie292929 18

Weddings bring out everyone's true colors. I lost family and friends because people were jealous, thought I was favoring my new family more and all that. You now know to forget her. After she has bitched everyone out then she will regret her actions

perdix 29

This is where you accept the white lie and move on with your life. If you give someone a Christmas sweater with kittens and pom-poms on it, and they say they love it, just accept it and leave it alone. If you needle them about whether they really, really love it, you'll find out the truth that it is hideous.

I just don't understand how can you possibly come to the conclusion that you're best friends if she really finds you an annoying bitch. Friends, okay, she's good at acting and tries to be nice to everybody, but best friends? How?

Maybe OP doesn't have many other friends to compare with? It happens loads in primary school...less common in adulthood though..

So? Embrace it and annoy the **** out of her.

Hopefully you didn't already get her a wedding gift. If you did, the it back.

I feel your pain OP. One of my best friends sort of did this. He pretty much told all of his friends (females) that he was marrying the girl that none of us cared for, even his sister and invited all of us. Later, a couple months before the wedding at a small get together we were having he claimed they were no longer getting married and postponing the wedding. That same night he texted one of our friends and told her that i was not invited because i flirted with him and his fiance didn't like it. One of our friends wasn't invited because he and she had dated. The friend who received the text was moving two weeks before the wedding and would not be able to make it, but was going to be given an invitation anyway.