Besties for life

By no cake for me - 07/11/2012 07:31 - United States - Jackson Heights

Today, my best friend told me that I wasn't invited to her wedding, saying that I was too pretty and that I would outshine her at the ceremony. I laughed and said that she was being ridiculous. She eventually confessed the real reason why I wasn't invited: apparently I'm an annoying bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 849
You deserved it 26 036

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Obviously you aren't her best friend then! Tough luck OP

Yes, destroy what may be the most important day of that girl's life. Fantastic idea. You should get a Nobel prize for that.

Comments

carminecris89 13

Sounds like a friend you should be dropping. I don't know why she isn't an ex best friend.

noisebox 1

Well lose that friendship el pronto is my advice, with friends like that who needs enemies?

The fact that you demanded an explanation and then didn't accept it and demanded another one kind of validates what she said.

You'll save a lot of money NOT buying that snotty girl a gift. Maybe while shopping for yourself, you'll run into your new best friend.

raycj 1

Hey noor why does ur hijab make u look like a nun?

I'm sorry but what kind of person would remain best friends with someone they disliked? a certain level of honesty is necessary for friendships.

It's her wedding. While you might have been best friends once, she is now part of a pair and if the future husband doesn't like you then maybe that is why she is saying this now. I know there is no real proof that this is true, but I have had experience with that scenario. My sister, myself, and 'Jill' were friends for a great number of years (almost ten). Jill was getting married. Her husband-to-be claimed to be "great guy" but he had a chip on his shoulder about my sister. He said she was a "bitch" and that she wasn't allowed at the wedding. My friend defended my sister, but he said "it's either me or her." She chose him. A decade of friendship down the drain. He made a big deal about inviting me. This included him coming to my place of work and hitting on me, saying he wasn't "tied down yet" and "could tie you down." I told my friend about what he had said, she didn't believe me. She called me a liar. I didn't go but heard from a mutual friend that he got drunk, threw up cake, and forgot his wife's name.

raycj 1

Thanks for telling us your life story

If you're more upset about not getting cake than missing your wedding then maybe you ARE an annoying bitch...in which case I don't really blame her. She shouldn't feel pressured into inviting someone she doesn't really like to so important an event. I mean, you could be lovely, it's hard to tell just from this fml who's the bitch - it could easily be either you or you're friend - but when the only other bit of information we have about you is that your bummed about missing cake, it's not the best sign...

Just because her display name says "no cake for me" doesn't actually mean that that's what she cared about more. I'd say her display name was just an afterthought, or an attempt to downplay the feelings of rejection....or lighten the mood, or possibly just sarcasm. Doesn't mean that it's a serious thought.

I did say that, realistically it's impossible to tell - I'm just speculating possibilities using the information given. I find it odd that everyone has rushed to support OP and called the bride a bitch when she could easily just be someone who's tried to be nice to OP but is sick of it now. I found it interesting that, if serious, OP's username actually points slightly to that as well. Even if it's a joke though, that doesn't mean OP may not be the bitchy one.