Family guy

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff

Today, I went to my stepdad's funeral. He was the most important person in my life, but it didn't stop my stepsister angrily saying, "Why are you crying? He wasn't even your real dad." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 973
You deserved it 1 337

Top comments

I get that she's upset and all, but what a bitchy thing to say! There's more to being a dad than being a sperm donor. So probably a real dad in any sense of it. Sorry for your loss as OP.

My stepdad raised my sister and me, so I completely understand. Our biological father has such a minor role in our lives that he's obsolete. My stepdad is my Dad. I'm sorry for your loss.

Comments

MrZsDad 19

Sorry for your loss OP. But if he was that important, he WAS your dad.

I'm so sorry for your lost :( a father doesn't have to be blood. Mine isn't. If my sister ever said that to me, I probably end up wailing on her. She may be his biological daughter, but he loves me just as much. I was abused by my biological father, and when my step father, then my mother's boyfriend, found out, he stepped it up and became the daddy I needed in my life. Now he's a fantastic grandfather to my little girl, supporting me from the night I gave birth prematurely, and since I was 5 years old. I hope things are better now between you and your step sister.

wth that's so mean, you have obviously cared about him a lot so why would she bitch about it